The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sens place G Condon on waivers after rough night

TheRick

That was a TERRIBLE goal, but he's played 2 games this season. I think putting him on waivers was a bit premature.

Will be interesting to see if someone picks him up, sends him to their AHL team (which I still think shouldn't be allowed...), builds his confidence back up and ends up with a decent backup.

As long as it's not us.

23 minutes ago, poetica said:

That was a TERRIBLE goal, but he's played 2 games this season. I think putting him on waivers was a bit premature.

Will be interesting to see if someone picks him up, sends him to their AHL team (which I still think shouldn't be allowed...), builds his confidence back up and ends up with a decent backup.

As long as it's not us.

It’s not allowed. If someone claims him it’s for their NHL club.  If they want to send him down they need to put him on waivers again. 

21 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

It’s not allowed. If someone claims him it’s for their NHL club.  If they want to send him down they need to put him on waivers again. 

Oh, okay. I was thinking Toronto had sent Corrado to the AHL after they picked up off waivers from us but I just looked it up and it was worse. They just sat him for 10 weeks. Jerks!

At any rate, I can't imagine there's too much interest in Condon so someone could still claim him and then send him down. Clearly Ottawa's done with him.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

Fluke goal. Feel bad for him. Puck skipped on the ice and somehow found a hole. Looked like Condon thought he had it covered but it somehow squeaked underneath his stick and pad.

Imagine if that happened to cloutier back in the day xD im pretty sure we would have celebrated, but man. Condoms nhl run is probably over

1 hour ago, poetica said:

Oh, okay. I was thinking Toronto had sent Corrado to the AHL after they picked up off waivers from us but I just looked it up and it was worse. They just sat him for 10 weeks. Jerks!

At any rate, I can't imagine there's too much interest in Condon so someone could still claim him and then send him down. Clearly Ottawa's done with him.

Corrado signed an AHL deal with Toronto this October.

4 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Canucks goaltending it is very injured right now. I think we should pick him up, so he backs up Markstrom for 2 weeks until Nilsson comes back. That way, we can send Bachman back to Utica, where he can help out Kubakov until Demko comes back from concussion. Since Bachman is mostly sitting in the press-box anyways, we can pick up Condon and let him sit in the press-box instead. Once every one of our goaltender is healthy, we can put Condon back on waivers and the Senators can pick him up again and throw him back in their AHL club.

Marky also has an awkward fall at practice. He was being checked out by trainers. Not sure if it was a scare or what.

No update on Twitter I can see.

Better to reward BTO  as guys on the farm love seeing the loyalty to our own  clubs loyal prospects / farm team players......

When a guy from the farm gets called up it must really inspire the rest of the Comets to keep going ... keep working on improving....

6 hours ago, poetica said:

As long as it's not us.

I'm not really sure if you know how waivers works. If another tetham claims a player, they are forced to put him into their NHL lineup. If that team puts that player back on waivers to try and put him onto their respective AHL team, the original team (Ottawa in this case) would be the first to claim him back, regardless of the standings.

If no one claims Condon right now, Ottawa has the option to send him back down to the AHL.

Archived