The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Mike McKenna (Flyers claim McKenna)

I understand that this is a business, but I feel this is a classless move by Philly. They know we traded for Mckenna, who is not good enough to stick in the NHL, in order to fill the hole in Utica. I can see if we tried to slide a goalie with lots of upside down to the AHL, but McKenna is not an up-and-comer. Oh well, life goes on. 

Just now, Jester13 said:

I understand that this is a business, but I feel this is a classless move by Philly. They know we traded for Mckenna, who is not good enough to stick in the NHL, in order to fill the hole in Utica. I can see if we tried to slide a goalie with lots of upside down to the AHL, but McKenna is not an up-and-comer. Oh well, life goes on. 

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's classless at all. We knew the risks and rolled the dice. 

4 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's classless at all. We knew the risks and rolled the dice. 

I hear ya, but I just think this situation falls under the unwritten code between GMs similar to offer sheets. 

29 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

agree

36 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

You can't say they "knew" anything really. Why did we even do this trade. We could have or even should have done that with Nillson. But at least we a got a draft pick...

34 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 3m3 minutes ago

For those asking, Demko is not going back to Utica. The Comets don't play tonight, Kulbakov is the only goalie for the Comets. Utica has 3 goalies with affiliate in Kalamazoo.

There ya go Utica just has to call up a goalie.

Archived