The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Swede Ever?

J-Dizzle

Best Swede Ever?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In light of our boy wonder's (hopefully) soon return I thought it might be fun to gauge CDC's take on the greatest Swede of all time.  I've listed a good number of options (many who have played recently and a few older ones (credit bleacher report's article on the best Swedes).  In my opinion there are two who stand in a class of their own and a number of others who have had stellar careers.  If there's enough interest maybe We can end up doing a 'top five' over the next few weeks....we'll see.  

Lidstrom definitely for being one the best in his position ever. I can see why Forsberg is considered 2nd but injuries shortened his career. I would make a case for Sundin being 2nd for his longevity and basically a PPG player his entire career aside from his final season played with the Canucks. He had a lot worse teams to work with compared to Forsberg which is likely one of the reasons why he'd been held back from a Cup.

1 hour ago, Dombrova22 said:

Forsberg and it isn't a discussion. 885 points in 708 games played. How can you even argue against that? 

Considering the vote is currently 18 - 11 in favour of Lidstrom, I would say it is discussion worthy.

20 seasons.  1,564 regular season games played.  Only one minus season.  Career +/- of +450.  264 goals & 878 assists.

Another 183 points in 263 playoff games.

The Red Wings never missed the playoffs during his career.

7 Norris trophies.

1 Conn Smythe.

4 Stanley Cups.

I voted Lidstrom.

Archived