The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Feb. 04, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Several Flyers fans coming to the Canucks FB page to find out Edler's status.

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Edler not going with team to WSH as per SNP. 

He's gone to hospital in Philly for CT scans etc. 

Any news on Edler as to the extent of his injuries? 

The way he was laying there and the size of that pool of blood I thought for a second maybe he was dead. Horrible thought, I know! But it just looked so bad.

4 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Yeah Guddy didn't look gud at all. How many times did we see him hold the puck behind the net for a dozen seconds only to pass it in someone's skates or directly to the other team? Not exactly an adept play when you've got all the time and space in the world.

Yeah he can't make the quick play. I think the worse part is when the pucks in our end, & he gets a moment to move the puck but ends up just hammering it around to the opposing defensemen or down for icing.

I still think in the summer they should think about moving on from him. Or even at the deadline if a team really wants him. The defense needs to change. 

Its going to be a big summer for management. 2 big challenges for them; to find another top 6 winger & to improve the defense.

Hughes will be a big part of that, but it makes you wonder where Hutton lies in all this. He's taken a step forward & he'll need a new contract. He'll want to be a top 4 guy, yet we have Hughes & Juolevi coming behind him.  I'm sure it could work next season but long term where does he fit? And where does the help on the right side come from? 

They'll have to make a decision on him, and on Goldobin. (Among others possibly) I imagine they will be looking to make some trades. But can this management group make a good trade to significantly improve this team? I'm not 100% sure.

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its going to be a big summer for management. 2 big challenges for them; to find another top 6 winger & to improve the defense.

Hughes will be a big part of that, but it makes you wonder where Hutton lies in all this. He's taken a step forward & he'll need a new contract. He'll want to be a top 4 guy, yet we have Hughes & Juolevi coming behind him.  I'm sure it could work next season but long term where does he fit? And where does the help on the right side come from? 

They'll have to make a decision on him, and on Goldobin. (Among others possibly) I imagine they will be looking to make some trades. But can this management group make a good trade to significantly improve this team? I'm not 100% sure.

Do they re-sign Edler?

Do they trade Tanev?

Do they trade Gudbranson?

Is there a valuable asset to be acquired for Hutton?

Will the team ice both Stecher and Hughes (smaller guys)

Lots of question marks, at least we'll hopefully be able to see some of this in March/April and then make a decision on who to move out in order to re-imagine the d-corps:

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Gudbranson

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Anyone else notice how the whistle was blown? Very odd multiple quick blows 

that usually happens after the long initial call and then later when Play does not stop 

almost like Peel was in a hurry to stop play 

Yeah it blows.

Archived