The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Feb. 04, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Its going to be a big summer for management. 2 big challenges for them; to find another top 6 winger & to improve the defense.

Hughes will be a big part of that, but it makes you wonder where Hutton lies in all this. He's taken a step forward & he'll need a new contract. He'll want to be a top 4 guy, yet we have Hughes & Juolevi coming behind him.  I'm sure it could work next season but long term where does he fit? And where does the help on the right side come from? 

They'll have to make a decision on him, and on Goldobin. (Among others possibly) I imagine they will be looking to make some trades. But can this management group make a good trade to significantly improve this team? I'm not 100% sure.

Where is Trevor Linden when you need him.

2 minutes ago, FilthyRich said:

Someone fill me in on eddy I'm stuck at work and cant scroll, missed the game.  Thanks in advance.

He's gone to hospital for x-rays and CT scan. 

Fell on his face. Cuts to nose and forehead.. looked like he was knocked out.. didnt move for a minute...lots of Blood...likely from broken nose. 

Guessing concussion and broken nose. 

57 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

TIL Number of save == quality saves.

You're free to your opinion just as I am mine. And like I said, in my opinion, there was 1 standout save and whole lot of other not high quality chances that were stopped, with rebounds given up the entire game long. I don't think he stood on his head at all, not even close. Giving up rebounds left and right is not standing on your head. It's giving the opposing team second chances. The Canucks could not capitalize on the second chances because they lost all the battles for them to the Flyers D and forwards. 

Yes, you're free to an opinion, but I challenge your opinion.

Giving up rebounds isn't necessarily a negative for a goalie, provided he makes the subsequent stops afterwards, which he did. Rebound control can always be worked on, but it's not a skill that can be perfected. He's also a rookie goalie.

With the way you are posting your comments, you are stripping Hart of any recognition of having a good game. BTW, he's on a lengthy winning streak. Are you going to say that he's playing behind a nice defence too?

(Look at the standings - Philly is not currently in a playoff spot, but they're climbing themselves out of it thanks to Hart, who's clearly playing hot right now)

You sound just as bad as Matt Murray commenting that Boeser's hat trick goals were 'lucky'. So what that he received help from his team? Hockey is a team game. One save could mean the difference between winning and losing. He saved 40 stops out of 41.

Are you going to be a Matt Murray and use the lame excuse that he was lucky tonight?

20 minutes ago, Canadian said:

Do they re-sign Edler?

Do they trade Tanev?

Do they trade Gudbranson?

Is there a valuable asset to be acquired for Hutton?

Will the team ice both Stecher and Hughes (smaller guys)

Lots of question marks, at least we'll hopefully be able to see some of this in March/April and then make a decision on who to move out in order to re-imagine the d-corps:

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Stecher

Hughes-Gudbranson

Benning made it pretty clear they want to bring Edler back. At this point I can't imagine he isn't back.

They prob want Tanev to play with Hughes. Problem will be if they can re-sign him to keep him beyond next year. & If not will they actually trade him?

Gudbranson I think they should move. I know some people don't agree. I don't think they'll trade Stecher. But Hutton will be the big question mark.

Are they going to give Hutton 4 million on a multi-year deal? That's what it comes down too. Deciding if they'll pay him & where he'll fit. Maybe they can use him to try and get a RHD or a FWD. 

Hutton and Stecher were on the ice for 12 shots for and just 4 against at even strength.

Edler was on for 11 shots for and 7 against before his injury. Tanev ended up with 13 for and 7 against. 

Pouliot was on for 5 shots for and 13 against. Gudbranson brings up the rear with just 3 shots for and 13 against. 

Ben Hutton lead the team with 25:02 toi. Tanev was second with 20:41. Edler and Stecher had roughly 19 minutes each. Pouliot and Gudbranson had 14 minutes each. 

Brandon Sutter has gotten more ice time than Pettersson in two straight games. 

It seemed futile tonight.

The thing is the team was really good on the boards, battling in all areas of the ice.

Markstrom was solid.

The D was ok for the most part of what we have for D.

Petey did seem shaky after the fall. not good.

Edler was K.O on a freak play.

Tanev cost us the game winner. Weird.

Heres the thing guys as much as it was a hard fought game, philly did block alot of shots and they are hot...

But...

If all weve got is board battles, dump and chase and ok D it doesnt matter, marky cant win it for us.

Weve done very well with Petey leading the way but it would take very little and that spark is gone.

Hey im not whinning here, i just seen the team work really hard tonight. Thing is stuff happens, petey is 20 and were not deep enough on D.

Yes Hart played well but we dont have the talent.

Baer could be done.

Edler is down for a few.

The guys worked really hard but we just dont have enough yet.

Edler did not deserve that. Nothing but sh!t luck there... Bad edge. Hard to watch. Guy was having a great season. I'm not saying it's over, just seeing some comments on the trade him for a 1st resign him.. I dont think things work that way. Yeah buddy from chicago did that won a cup else where. But Canucks players have a lot of class for the most part. Eddy among them. Hard to watch. Hope he gets what he derserves a quick heal up and a good fair resign contract in the summer. Best dman we got buds 

33 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He's gone to hospital for x-rays and CT scan. 

Fell on his face. Cuts to nose and forehead.. looked like he was knocked out.. didnt move for a minute...lots of Blood...likely from broken nose. 

Guessing concussion and broken nose. 

Without Edler for a stretch, not liking Canucks chances of making the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Chances weren't great the way STL has been playing. They look like they are going to make it. 

Now with Edler hurt it's highly unlikely..  

Maybe we win the lottery for a top 3 pick and it all works out. 

15 minutes ago, BPA said:

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise, and we get to see a guy from Utica make the next step a few months early.

Brisebois or Sautner, come on down!

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

What a terribly officiated game. 

Edler’s injury was plain scary. 

I find it absolutely hilarious that any time we lose on here this year it’s a “terribly officiated game@ because ya know that’s the only way we’re going to lose.

it couldn’t be because the other team

had won eight in a row and we scored one goal.

i get Travis green was yelling at the refs for too many men but he complains every game it’s one of his tricks up his sleeve

Archived