The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Feb. 14, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Jaku said:

This. 

Goldobin hurt the Canucks with his sloppy play tonight. Markstrom bailed him out, but he's become a liability all over the ice. Sloppy passing, inaccurate shooting, no physicality, poor defensive positioning, poor defensive reads. It's becoming a joke.

I hoped he was going to be at least a decent point producing player, he's not even doing that though. 

must be deflating for him, seeing all this depth come up and out shine him.. 

I wonder if he'll make like Hutton this off season, or just give up and fade away

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Gutsy effort to pull out the W 

We really didn't play that well though... 2nd night of a back to back, missing arguably our best 2 dman... 

Hockey Gaud had a solid game. 

Motte and Loui again buzzing shorthanded but no goal :(

Hopefully we get a body or two back for San Jose on Saturday 

Good thing LA is a bad team, eh?

My stream legged out at around the time buddy stuck his stick in Marky's glove and then it caught up and said 3-2 kings lol. had to watch all of OT and shootout on a lagged out stream, threw my phone across the room so I couldn't see notifications, was totally worth it! I like Brisebois and Gaudette needs to stay up

4 minutes ago, 40Dangles said:

I guess we now see why JB has been so high on him. Only one game but certainly looks like a solid, calming presence out there. And as you said played hard on the boards. As far as a first game goes for a defensive defenseman, have to say that was top notch. Add in Hughes, Juolevi, hopefully Tryamkin, Sautner, McEnany, Woo, not a bad young group forming. 

Absolutely. No reason he cant take Pouliots spot if thats what hes going to bring on a nightly basis.

Wasnt sure what to expect honestly but he fit right in. Hopefully Green keeps him in the lineup going forward.

1 minute ago, Glug Datt said:

must be deflating for him, seeing all this depth come up and out shine him.. 

I wonder if he'll make like Hutton this off season, or just give up and fade away

Do we have room for him moving forward?  We got a bunch of young guys pushing for spots.  Plus we are going shopping for wingers this July.  I have a feeling he gets traded here at the TDL.

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Wins are so much funner than losses.

Guys fight right to the end.   Even though the game might not be pretty, the points look the same. 

And I'll say it again...I'm seeing some great chemistry being developed on this team.  So fun watching the young'uns play.

Need one more offensive piece upfront (maybe that comes from Dhalen or Lind or who knows) but Green has instilled in them his focus on playing every game hard. Once the talent and experience catches up with this group we will have a number of exciting runs. 

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

still think that TG should try Gaudette with EP40....

Gaudette played with Sikura in college who was a set up man...however, both could score goals....give Gaudette some talent to play with and he could repeat what he did in college...Play Leivo, Horvat and Boeser together or Boeser with Gaudette and EP40...give it a try.

Benning was recently quoted saying they have no plans of moving Gaudette to wing - he says he has only played C his whole life and they like him at C.  At the start of the season he said they want Pettersson at C because they want him to have the puck as much as possible and he wouldn't have it as much on the wing.

13 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Gaudette was a beast. Unreal game. He's making Sutter expendable.

I said this in Nov(trade Sutter, I said during GDT), but some know-it-all poster gave me the confused emoji. He's a petty lil' poster, that always drags out the stats, ad nauseum. He likes them confused emojis..must think it's worthwhile :^)

Trouble is, lots of these stats are derived from(almost) meaningless, Oct, Nov play.

I think this petty lil' poster KNOWS who I'm referring too. This news ain't new, eh?

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Do we have room for him moving forward?  We got a bunch of young guys pushing for spots.  Plus we are going shopping for wingers this July.  I have a feeling he gets traded here at the TDL.

who would take him? he is likely bound for the A or the K.. 

Archived