The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Feb. 14, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Wonder if Hutty is getting tired? He's been playing way above the ice time he's used to and playing harder minutes as well.  He looked a step behind tonight, tough to be in back to back games like that.  We might see Stech start wearing down as well.  

Gutsy finish, I missed the tying goal, confess I gave up on them and went out and shoveled some snow after the LA 3rd goal, came back in for the last minute and the OT and shootout.  Nice to see them pull 2 points out, didn't think they would even get 1.  Not pretty, but lots of heart.  

Pettersson is amazing in the SO...

He's variations are simply magic. Every time he tries something different. 

Just wonderful to see him hammer the puck in past Quick... almost as good as watching Quick lose it after Boeser scored... 

Special mention to Gaudette as well as MacEwan and Brisebois, who had a great debut...

Onwards and Upwards...

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Liked Brisebois. Its just a simple, steady game with him but i like how hard he battles along the wall & infront of the net.

Only his 1st game but he looks like a player to me. Good debut.

I guess we now see why JB has been so high on him. Only one game but certainly looks like a solid, calming presence out there. And as you said played hard on the boards. As far as a first game goes for a defensive defenseman, have to say that was top notch. Add in Hughes, Juolevi, hopefully Tryamkin, Sautner, McEnany, Woo, not a bad young group forming. 

Just now, skategal said:

Wonder if Hutty is getting tired? He's been playing way above the ice time he's used to and playing harder minutes as well.  He looked a step behind tonight, tough to be in back to back games like that.  We might see Stech start wearing down as well.  

Gutsy finish, I missed the tying goal, confess I gave up on them and went out and shoveled some snow after the LA 3rd goal, came back in for the last minute and the OT and shootout.  Nice to see them pull 2 points out, didn't think they would even get 1.  Not pretty, but lots of heart.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Huttsy is starting to power down. He's eating up a lot of ice time. A lot that's he's not used to. 

It could however be quite positive for his development as a potential top 4 d-man. 

Wins are so much funner than losses.

Guys fight right to the end.   Even though the game might not be pretty, the points look the same. 

And I'll say it again...I'm seeing some great chemistry being developed on this team.  So fun watching the young'uns play.

Petey amazes me. 

Wicked snipe on the first goal. Fiery passion when crosschecked leading to the 2nd goal against. Unbelievable dekes in the 3rd and OT. Such an effortless move in the shootout. Man. There are no words. 

They gotta find a way to keep Big Mac in the lineup once we get healthy. Still can't get over his net front presence on the PP. 

Hockey Gaud is making Sutter expendable day by day. What a night for him!

Boeser has to have one of the heaviest wristers in the league. What a way to end the game!

Archived