The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Feb. 14, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He is just so insanely good at shielding the puck.  Opens a lot of room for his linemates.

He's got good wheels too and looks able to consistently break into the offensive zone which is something we struggled with in the third

8 minutes ago, xereau said:

Gaudette looks great.

Markstrom kept us in there.

Tired of Goldobin.

Big Mac lives in the middle.

Brisebois looks good.

Believe it or not, we are still in the wildcard hunt...

Agree, agree, agree. 

Goldy isnt terrible but I hope to maybe see him traded, his points this year are decent on even a good team and also very tradeable. Maybe see Dahlen the last bit of the season. Don't think Goldy is in our top 2 lw's soon in the future. 

6 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Remember when we could barely score on the Kings, 3-4 years ago?

Momentum is shifting.

It won't be long before LA and Anaheim will have to go through their painful years, and we'll be entering our prime.

pretty sure their painful years have already begun.. 

suck it Cali.. 

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He is just so insanely good at shielding the puck.  Opens a lot of room for his linemates.

Would like to see him start hitting more (and the team in general), but he’s been a solid addition. His size could be used to intimidate too, same w Bo. One frustration I have with both of them 

back in wild card spot. Blues look like they are running away with it, could be stars that drop down.  Anyway, nux have to chase down wild. Probably won't know until game 82.  Regardless of the results this is a valuable lesson for the young squad and leadership, first Sedin less team in over a decade. Gotta learn to crawl before running. 

still think that TG should try Gaudette with EP40....

Gaudette played with Sikura in college who was a set up man...however, both could score goals....give Gaudette some talent to play with and he could repeat what he did in college...Play Leivo, Horvat and Boeser together or Boeser with Gaudette and EP40...give it a try.

Gutsy effort to pull out the W 

We really didn't play that well though... 2nd night of a back to back, missing arguably our best 2 dman... Should be satisfied 

Hockey Gaud had a solid game. EP is playing in another league. 

Motte and Loui again buzzing shorthanded but no goal :(

Hopefully we get a body or two back for San Jose on Saturday 

4 minutes ago, skategal said:

Wonder if Hutty is getting tired? He's been playing way above the ice time he's used to and playing harder minutes as well.  He looked a step behind tonight, tough to be in back to back games like that.  We might see Stech start wearing down as well.  

Gutsy finish, I missed the tying goal, confess I gave up on them and went out and shoveled some snow after the LA 3rd goal, came back in for the last minute and the OT and shootout.  Nice to see them pull 2 points out, didn't think they would even get 1.  Not pretty, but lots of heart.  

Thats what im thinking too. Huttons played admirably when hes been forced into more mins but i think hes just getting tired. 

Just now, CptCanuck16 said:

The only question left about Petterson's rookie year is whether he will beat Pavel Bure for the all-time record (34G). I think he will. Hell, with 23 games left he may break 40! JB won the lottery drafting this kid.

Yeah, i will take EP over anyone that draft yr in retrospect. Gotta give JB and his scouts credit.  

Archived