The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Feb. 14, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Specz said:

I think I'm finally ready to part ways with Goldy.

I agree. It’s too bad because he’s a really gifted hockey player. But he is just way too irresponsible with the puck. His passing has been terrible this year. And he takes a lot of unnecessary penalties mostly due to him not moving his feet.

We have given him chance after chance to prove himself and have been patient but I’m officially over it now. A shame because I like the kid.

3 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

must be deflating for him, seeing all this depth come up and out shine him.. 

I wonder if he'll make like Hutton this off season, or just give up and fade away

He may just fade. Larionov is his agent and has apparently talked to him many times about what it takes (outside of green obviously). If he’s not getting it (part of it may now be his confidence), by now I don’t see him getting it. We’ve given him a lot more time than San Jose did and maybe this is why they moved him. Effort is the easiest thing to correct, skate hard, backcheck, dig. Those things create chances, maybe not for you but for others and he doesn’t do it. And again, it’s easy. I think his time here is running out.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Benning was recently quoted saying they have no plans of moving Gaudette to wing - he says he has only played C his whole life and they like him at C.  At the start of the season he said they want Pettersson at C because they want him to have the puck as much as possible and he wouldn't have it as much on the wing.

if things aren't happening in a game, then it is something to try to see what happens....especially when nothing is happening in a game. Gaudette centering EP40 and Boeser.

If this is tried and it works, then it is something to run with.... don't know until it is tried. I can see it being successful.

2 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

I agree. It’s too bad because he’s a really gifted hockey player. But he is just way too irresponsible with the puck. His passing has been terrible this year. And he takes a lot of unnecessary penalties mostly due to him not moving his feet.

We have given him chance after chance to prove himself and have been patient but I’m officially over it now. A shame because I like the kid.

Only one to blame is Goldy.  Greener's set him up to succeed time and time again and he's not getting it.  KHL bound next year.

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Trade Sutter, Goldy, beartschi 

sutter for 2nd, 3rd

beartschi for 3rd, 4th

goldy 3rd

No one will take Baer now. Post concussion syndrome? He’s got more value to us and hopefully they shut him down till next season and let the guy heal. I love him as a player and he has been a nice piece to the team. Hopefully taking 8 months off will let him fully heal and come back 100% and not in danger.

Archived