The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Panarin Interested in Vancouver

SuitnTie

40 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

NY, Florida. That's my guess.

Hard to say, I think he wants to compete for a cup again next year. Question is, who has the cap space and is close to doing that?

I don't think the Panthers are close, and based on their revenues, they have stated that they are not looking to be a Cap team, comfortable being in the middle of the pack. That's not necessarily conducive to signing one guy at 10 million cap hit, much less luring him based on being able to make a run at the cup.

I could see him going to Pittsburgh or the Rangers, but I don't thing the Rangers are all that close either.

20 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hard to say, I think he wants to compete for a cup again next year. Question is, who has the cap space and is close to doing that?

I don't think the Panthers are close, and based on their revenues, they have stated that they are not looking to be a Cap team, comfortable being in the middle of the pack. That's not necessarily conducive to signing one guy at 10 million cap hit, much less luring him based on being able to make a run at the cup.

I could see him going to Pittsburgh or the Rangers, but I don't thing the Rangers are all that close either.

Yea lots to consider. I don't think players really want a cup over cash or they'd sign for league minimum. They always go for a happy medium but cash is still king, and so are the bright lights.

2 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea lots to consider. I don't think players really want a cup over cash or they'd sign for league minimum. They always go for a happy medium but cash is still king, and so are the bright lights.

Depends on the player, but, I don't think he would get either in FL. They can't keep loosing double digit millions indefinitely.

Beautiful building down there as well, have been to a few games in there. Like the building in Arizona though, its in the wrong place to attract fans who has a lot of other options.

15 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Tallon has been given the green light to spend right up to the cap and has already announced that they will be a cap team.  

Edited by mll

On 5/26/2019 at 8:06 PM, Generational.EP40 said:

...I just got off the ferry from Victoria and there were Canucks staff in the official team jackets (what looked to be scouts) on the ride. They were talking about the draft and free agency in general. I then hear Panarin briefly mentioned from them and how they really love the player and will attempt to go after him come July 1st. And then they were talking about random stats and stuff. I wasn’t eavesdropping but I heard them for a minute or so when grabbing food and Panarin was the only name specifically mentioned that I caught. I googled the Canucks staff and turns out one of the guys I could clearly remember and make out being a younger looking fella was a guy named “Neil Komadoski” who is listed as one of our ‘Professional Scouts’.

Before the ferry arrived, I saw an older gentleman in the same Canucks official jacket sitting a lone not too far from the rest of the the staff having a drink at a table. I grabbed a drink myself and sat next to him and asked if he worked for the team. He said he was a Pro Scout. Didn’t want to interrogate him about the teams plans for this summer but we talked vaguely for 5 minutes or so. I jokingly asked if we should offersheet Kapanen or Johnsson from the Leafs and he said he’s gonna take Marner :lol: And then soon after says - knowing that Marner isn’t attainable - (paraphrasing here) "Why would we take Leafs players we are trying to win in the playoffs"...he was a laid back, funny dude and looked easily in his 60’s. Didn’t really tell me much but as I said, I didn’t seriously ask him anything either.

So yea, take that with a grain of salt if you wish to. Panarin has hinted at liking/wanting to play in Vancouver (the latest being that tweet) and I heard those Canucks Scouts today specifically bring up Panarin and wanting him. Cheers :) 

I will take that with a dump truck full of salt lmao. 

1. Why would Canuck staff together be on a ferry from Victoria?

2. Did you eat a white spot burger?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I will take that with a dump truck full of salt lmao. 

1. Why would Canuck staff together be on a ferry from Victoria?

2. Did you eat a white spot burger?

Hahah

1. Probably some WHL scout meet or some sort of draft summit. Maybe a bit of a holiday vacay while doing work idk.

2. No :lol: 

On 5/27/2019 at 7:51 PM, VegasCanuck said:

I actually think the Rangers are fairly close. They have some nice pieces there, add in Kakko in the draft and then if they get Panarin too, they would be a playoff team.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:01 AM, mll said:

Tallon has been given the green light to spend right up to the cap and has already announced that they will be a cap team.  

Sounds like he is going all in on the Loui Eriksson sweepstakes :P

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BabychStache said:

Rags could add Kakko, Panarin, EK65 this off season and be a killer team.

i could see them signing both. 

Nucks could be signing both as well. We too have the cap room and also have a couple things Rags don’t have like the finalist for the Calder last year, winner this year and winner next year (Hughes)!

Canucks have a brighter future in my opinion. :towel:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Nucks could be signing both as well. We too have the cap room and also have a couple things Rags don’t have like the finalist for the Calder last year, winner this year and winner next year (Hughes)!

Canucks have a brighter future in my opinion. :towel:

And a younger goalie :)