The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Kielly | G

GoldenAlien

14 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Good god this is a bad take!!!  :picard:

Luongo got kicked to the curb by tortorella and after that there was no salvaging the relationship. 

Have you even watched this team when Luongo played here? I don't think so based on your post and how the Luongo thing went down pal.

Edit: you better be careful. Very close to slander with that rumor you just started pal.

It's rumour and you take it all with a pinch of salt, believe what ever you will. As to watching Luongo, yeah I've been a season ticket holder since 1973, I've seen them all come and go. Luongo was good for sure but is not deserving of the blind fanaticism that some believe … But that's my opinion I'm sure you have your own. Maybe Torts saw him for what he was. He was closer than either you or I :rolleyes:

You just never know what a counterpart-GM might put on the table. What if(for sake of this discussion) Demko & another of our prospects were pkg'd for the perfect(prob established D-man, on great contract) piece?

Say another team needed both our prospect pieces badly? Team like the 'Canes with all their impressive D?

At what point does the proficiency of our drafting/young signings start gaining serious notice/rep amongst the other GM's? If they maintain their batting %, some of our young talent will inevitably wind up getting recycled. That'll be a nice log-jam we've never really had with prospects.

8 hours ago, smithers joe said:

is this fact or a rumour to tear the guy down.

I highly doubt that he has any clue one way or the other. Furthermore; I find it incredibly disrespectful and bordering on slanderous, to put #$%^^& like this out on an open forum about any player or person for that matter.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

From the article:

“For now, Kielly is one of three goalies listed on Vancouver's roster, along with 25-year-old Jacob Markstrom, who started 60 games last season for the Canucks, and 35-year-old Thatcher Demko, who started nine games. Kielly said he'll be given a fair chance in training camp to show what he can do.”

:lol:

Article lost all credibility with that mistake :frantic:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

From the article:

“For now, Kielly is one of three goalies listed on Vancouver's roster, along with 25-year-old Jacob Markstrom, who started 60 games last season for the Canucks, and 35-year-old Thatcher Demko, who started nine games. Kielly said he'll be given a fair chance in training camp to show what he can do.”

:lol:

Marky also isn't 25 hahaha

• Cheers 1

On 8/19/2019 at 8:57 AM, Fred65 said:

If we committed, ……. Vcr  gave him a 12 year contract!!! The fact is Luongo wasn't committed to the Canucks preferring his partying than his team. When Mrs Lou made a surprised visit in 2011 and decided it was best that Mr Lou return to Florida where he could be kept under close surveillance. She crushed the trade to TO. and now folks want to feel sorry for the guy. He may be a great friendly guy off the ice with a good sense of humour but his commitment  to the club was left wanting. There's been a number of partiers on the roster over the year they got the same treatment, you're outta here. Luo was the exception

I'm pretty sure you're literally the only one to have heard that rumor.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Canucks have reassigned Jake Kielly from Utica (AHL) to Kalamazoo (ECHL)

http://www.uticacomets.com/news/detail/comets-reduce-preseason-roster-by-nine

COMETS REDUCE PRESEASON ROSTER BY NINE

COMETS REDUCE PRESEASON ROSTER BY NINE

Sep 29, 2019

Utica, N.Y. – Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club has reduced its preseason roster by nine players.

The following player has been re-assigned by Vancouver to the Kalamazoo Wings:

Jake Kielly

The following players have been loaned by Utica to Kalamazoo:

Zach Frye

Aaron Thow

Tanner Sorenson

Dylan Sadowy

The following player has been loaned by Utica to Brampton:

Matt Petgrave

The following players have been released from their professional tryouts:

Gregg Burmaster

Ian Edmondson

Matt Iacopelli

• 1 month later...

Not a lot of talk about Kielly but he seems to be another goalie prospect having a good start.  So far played in three of six games for Kalamazoo, had a shaky debut where he stopped 22 of 27 shots.  But followed it up with two strong efforts, stopping 42 of 45 in his second start, and 44 of 46 in his third start.  Currently sporting a 2.93 GAA and 0.923 SV%.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

His stats are not great but that is likely due to the fact that the team is worst in their division and one of the worst in the league - ECHL.  His stats historically have been pretty solid.  Based on the goals against they are either really bad defensively, goaltending has let them down or a combination of both.  Hopefully it's not the goaltending alone.

image.png.2a7055a4a110c8d25e07e47272514715.png

image.png.eba0ec11181e52d68de4b6c8705acbec.png

Edited by Borvat

His GAA and save percentage in college were very good. I have no inside knowledge to support my premise that he was affected by both the change from college to pro and also playing on a very poor team but that is what I think has happened to him. My hope is that he gets better support in Utica and finds his game as Di Pietro's backup. I do not expect him to suit up as the starter until Saturday when the Comets play Laval (2nd game of a back to back).

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I still don't understand how he was "recalled", when the team was in the playoff bubble. Wouldn't he have had to undergo 14 days isolation? 

The NHL and Government had a deal worked out to avoid 14 day quarantine. Kielly would have had 4 tests in 4 day, if all tests came back negative he would have been able to join the full team