The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Tyler Myers and Jake Gardiner

18 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

Signing both Myers and Gardiner would be a disaster. Both are terrible defensively, and don't make up for it on the offensive side of the puck. Gardiner is awful in the playoffs.

Ditto and the only bright side from the LE situation is that it is happening now to hopefully, act as a reminder to the Canucks to shop wisely...

6 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ditto and the only bright side from the LE situation is that it is happening now to hopefully, act as a reminder to the Canucks to shop wisely...

Agreed but I feel like we are not in a position of strength.  Worried about some panic moves.  

10 hours ago, Darkstar said:

Signing both Myers and Gardiner would be a disaster. Both are terrible defensively, and don't make up for it on the offensive side of the puck. Gardiner is awful in the playoffs.

Well, you can't be awful in the playoffs if you don't make it!

On 6/18/2019 at 8:54 AM, Losing With Pride said:

Agreed and he actually likes being there.  (They had a complication with their son and is pretty thankful with the healthcare staff in Winnipeg (specifically St. Boniface)

Didn't know about this.. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 2:48 AM, Darkstar said:

Myers isnt terrible defensively.  

Myers is a decent top 4 RHD.  Plus he is a giant and mobile.   For a team with size issues, Myers would help even things out.  

JB wants to address the defence as he should.  He has already signed the best FA deal of the off season and stabilized the left side.  

Tanev is being shopped.  There won't be a better d man for a cup contender to pick up, 1 year left on a good cap hit. Great shot suppression guy and we need a different fit.  

JB would be negligent if he wasnt aggressively targeting lots of players.  

On 6/18/2019 at 12:54 PM, Losing With Pride said:

Agreed and he actually likes being there.  (They had a complication with their son and is pretty thankful with the healthcare staff in Winnipeg (specifically St. Boniface)

Vancouver would have as much or better children's health care.  The St Boniface is a great hospital, but BC children's hospital is the best pediatric center in western Canada.  

Someone with Myers income has real life problems, not making light, but he also has substantial means to deal with those problems.  

• Cheers 1

On 6/19/2019 at 1:51 PM, Squamfan said:

That's a huge payout for someone who's so bad defensively he would struggle to be a regular on a decent AHL team.  I pity the poor GM who give this useless piece of garbage a contract and lets him stink up the joint for 7 years.  He makes Phillip Larsen look like an NHLer in comparison.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That's a huge payout for someone who's so bad defensively he would struggle to be a regular on a decent AHL team.  I pity the poor GM who give this useless piece of garbage a contract and lets him stink up the joint for 7 years.  He makes Phillip Larsen look like an NHLer in comparison.

did he nail your girlfriend when the leafs were in town?

• Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

did he nail your girlfriend when the leafs were in town?

Nope.  I've seen him play enough to know he lacks the hockey sense to play acceptable defense, and is an even bigger liability when it matters most.  Zero room on a legit NHL team for a defenseman incapable of playing defense.  Friends who are Leafs fans are overjoyed to see this pylon leaving town and consider it addition by subtraction.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Please... He puts up 30-50 points and while not great defensively to say he'd struggle to be a regular in the AHL is laughable at best. 

And I’m not even for signing Gardiner but your evaluation of him is awful at best. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Nope.  I've seen him play enough to know he lacks the hockey sense to play acceptable defense, and is an even bigger liability when it matters most.  Zero room on a legit NHL team for a defenseman incapable of playing defense.  Friends who are Leafs fans are overjoyed to see this pylon leaving town and consider it addition by subtraction.

you don't think "useless piece of garbage" might be a bit strong then if the only problem is he doesn't meet your ridiculous and meaningless expectations in spite of being one of the very best 500ish hockey players on the planet?

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Please... He puts up 30-50 points and while not great defensively to say he'd struggle to be a regular in the AHL is laughable at best. 

And I’m not even for signing Gardiner but your evaluation of him is awful at best. 

I don't care how many points you put up; if you're as much of a defensive liability as Gardiner is, you don't belong on the ice in any league. 

Just now, tas said:

you don't think "useless piece of garbage" might be a bit strong then if the only problem is he doesn't meet your ridiculous and meaningless expectations in spite of being one of the very best 500ish hockey players on the planet?

Expecting a defenseman to play NHL quality defense is ridiculous?