The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Alex Edler Done in Vancouver?

Rate this topic

dpn1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Rick's been beating this panicky drum for weeks now. There's literally nothing new to report and that won't likely change until after his agent has had a chance to talk to other teams after June 23rd. This isn't an 'update'.

Stop feeding the media trolls people. (I thought you were above this nonsense Rick).

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm hardpressed to call those people "fans".

Honestly....love Eddie and he has a family to think of.  When you're nearing your final shot at securing the future, you go for it.  Loyalties go both ways and it's a business at both ends.

I will stand and cheer him for all the years he quietly went about his business here.  My good God, boo him?  Who comes up with this stuff?

Fans who don't "bleed" for their team.  :towel:

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

A younger ufa will likely require +$, +term and possible restrictive contract. Maybe if luck is on the Nuck side, they get

Ben Chariot for 3 @ 3yrs, but probably wants longer term.

If Edler walks I'd rather see them sign an older player like Kromwall for 2yrs@5.5m (who still puts up respectable #s) or Hainsey 2yrs@4.5m

***Maybe you pay a bit too much, but the short term is well worth it for a team with prospect coming up the ranks.

I've been thinking this all along as well. I could actually see Edler going to Detroit and Kronwall coming here lol.

44 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm hardpressed to call those people "fans".

Honestly....love Eddie and he has a family to think of.  When you're nearing your final shot at securing the future, you go for it.  Loyalties go both ways and it's a business at both ends.

I will stand and cheer him for all the years he quietly went about his business here.  My good God, boo him?  Who comes up with this stuff?

I 100% agree with you he gave everything he had to this organization the real fans won't boo him

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Man a lot of CDC and apparently Rick Dhaliwal haven't got the stomach for high stakes negotiation. Y'all would get bent over :lol:  

CDC upon hearing the Sharks re-signed Karlsson and that Edler might test free agency.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Just now, Tank Swank said:

Honestly it's time to move on from Edler

Out with the old, in with the new

Agreed.  Gardiner and Meyers are 4 years younger, and are both better.  I like Gardiner the most of the three.  I don't know the cost of signing him though.  Just guessing it would be 7 years at 7-8 million per. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

CDC upon hearing the Sharks re-signed Karlsson and that Edler might test free agency.

giphy.gif

ice cube bye felicia GIF

CDC be like...

3 minutes ago, Tank Swank said:

Honestly it's time to move on from Edler

Out with the old, in with the new

Agreed...

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  Gardiner and Meyers are 4 years younger, and are both better.  I like Gardiner the most of the three.  I don't know the cost of signing him though.  Just guessing it would be 7 years at 7-8 million per. 

gardiner  is better than edler   , the same gardiner that was minus 5 in a  one period in playoff game  2 years ago  , I know gardiner is better offensively  but his defense I don't know about that

15 minutes ago, the grinder said:

gardiner  is better than edler   , the same gardiner that was minus 5 in a  one period in playoff game  2 years ago  , I know gardiner is better offensively  but his defense I don't know about that

Guy had a really bad game, at the worst time.  It happens.  I think the overall body of his work is quite good though.  His D play is solid, and he moves the puck really well - better than Eddy does.  I'd rather Gardiner for 7 years than Edler for 4.  

• Upvote 1

As far as I am concerned, Edler has already shot himself in the foot and his integrity is in serious question. Sure he wants to stay in Vancouver, yeah right. We already know he has no desire to win a cup.He shows no attributes that I would like to see him pass on to the young core. 

This new core is being built around "character" players, which is what I think is needed to win championships, and Elders actions to date are not conducive to this. Bye-Bye Edler.