The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Yeah dont mind me. Benning knows what hes doing and im ok with his pick, because of that. 

Im pretty sure we will see Podkolzin in the “top ten prospects not in the nhl” in 2020. 

Lets just hope he gets nhl games, and sticks long enough to make his mark, instead of being a whole thread dedicated to how vancouver can “persuade him to come back to vancouver” a la tryamkin. 

I really appreciate how our talent pool/ farm is stacking..  time releasing your talent into the Bigs is artful, and what makes franchises strong for many years. Toronto for example has a glut of great hockey players, some they will have to discard to balance the payroll.

So, theoretically we will get Podzi as a 20 year old, he is about to turn 18..  he is close to 200.. 6.0   .. could be 6.1-6.2 210-215. Strong.

nothing wrong with that.

Was really high on Heinola at one point, but at the end of the day he's a bit of a project. Wasn't impressed with his defensive game @ U18's, & he's not the quickest guy.

Very good vision with the puck, overall smart player, should be a good PP guy.

If they give him some time the Jets might have a good 2nd pair guy here. 

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

_____ - Pettersson - Podkolzin

_____ - Horvat - Boeser

Gadjovich - Madden - Virtanen

Hughes -

Juolevi - Woo

Demko

Diepietro

Depth is starting to look very good. Still need some talent on the left wing. I would love to see them go hard after Panarin. I think he'd be a great fit on the top line with Petey and Boes.

We're at the point where some smart trades and signings are the key next step. Having Madden jump up in rankings and potential along with some smart picks we're getting there. 

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

_____ - Horvat - Boeser

Hughes -

Juolevi - Woo

Demko

Diepietro

Depth is starting to look very good. Still need some talent on the left wing. I would love to see them go hard after Panarin. I think he'd be a great fit on the top line with Petey and Boes.

Gaudette, Tryamkin, Stecher... probably as worthy as Gadjovich of being pencilled into any future roster.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

I really appreciate how our talent pool/ farm is stacking..  time releasing your talent into the Bigs is artful, and what makes franchises strong for many years. Toronto for example has a glut of great hockey players, some they will have to discard to balance the payroll.

So, theoretically we will get Podzi as a 20 year old, he is about to turn 18..  he is close to 200.. 6.0   .. could be 6.1-6.2 210-215. Strong.

nothing wrong with that.

Yeah i know. Pick smart i get it. Jb’s took him and they know better than i do. 

Hard not to be just a “bit” sketchy about podkolzin though. 

Oh well, welcome to vancouver in at least two years Vasiliy Podkolzin?

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

_____ - Horvat - Boeser

Hughes -

Juolevi - Woo

Demko

Diepietro

Lind and Gaudette too.

All the pre-draft hype and it’s been pretty vanilla... I shouldn’t be surprised as this usually happens but with just about everyone reporting that the Canucks are active, and many reports that there will be a lot of action league wide, it’s been a bit of a let down. But I do love the pick - think we got a steal. 

• Like 1