The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Podkolzin is still suffering from PTSD playing in Russia. Like a lost puppy he needs to be adjusted to a more offensive style of hockey. I think the easiest way is for him to play on the 3rd line but inserted into the second power play unit. On the power play, I think he would intuitively allow himself to take more risks. 

• Wat 1

22 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

Podkolzin is still suffering from PTSD playing in Russia. Like a lost puppy he needs to be adjusted to a more offensive style of hockey. I think the easiest way is for him to play on the 3rd line but inserted into the second power play unit. On the power play, I think he would intuitively allow himself to take more risks. 

2nd line I think would be easier.  3rd line will likely have the tough checking duties.  2nd line just had to not get burned defensively.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

So wat is every other rookie suffering from then?

Hockey db

Vasili Podkolzin

Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jun 24 2001
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 191 [183 cm/87 kg]

(but we have to wait till the official weigh-in numbers are released, or we'll be "Zepped" for the second time)

Edited by Googlie
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Hockey db

Vasili Podkolzin

Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jun 24 2001
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 191 [183 cm/87 kg]

(but we have to wait till the official weigh-in numbers are released, or we'll be "Zepped" for the second time)

Like I thought.  Pods had a couple inch growth spurt after we drafted him, which is why he showed some regression in play.  He was adjusting to his new body.  We saw him excel in his recent KHL playoffs (record setting production) now he's adjusted.  He's a beast.  Go Podzilla Go!!!

From Faber at Canucks Army:

“As for the height, I compared us and he is probably about 6′-6’1″ as we expected. I’m 6’3″ and could clearly see that I had a couple of inches on him.

He is 100% not 6’4″ like EliteProspectssays. That coward J.D. Burke can’t get anything right…”

The obvious takeaway is that Chris Faber is actually 6’6” ;) 

• Haha 1

Let me repeat again about his height - he is clearly same height as Danila (they were standing next to each other when they talked to Green at the end of the Saturday training camp session. Danila and I are the exact same height. And my height has been 6'2" for many years now :-).

• Cheers 1