The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arvid Costmar | C

He was showing very well in the junior league this year and even though he's not getting points in the SHL, his playing style and work ethic really looks like he could have an edge at making the WJC team even as a third or fourth liner. Really looking forward to hopefully getting a better look at him in a couple of months.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Costmar gets the nod for Sweden’s 2C in The Athletic’s roster prediction for the 2021 WJC:

https://theathletic.com/2171637/2020/11/02/world-junior-2021-roster-projections-scott-wheeler-picks-the-teams-and-medals/

E16777FA-3CDF-4A79-8625-2FFDF48C20F8.jpeg.6e6518269229c682def7cc03253dfac7.jpeg

Crazy to think he was 3rd to last off the board in the 7th round of his draft.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 9:52 AM, BCNate said:

Crazy to think he was 3rd to last off the board in the 7th round of his draft.  

Reminds me of Patric Hornqvist.

The very last pick in the 2005 Crosby draft.

Fast forward 10 years and he wins back to back cups with Crosby. 

Just goes to show it doesn’t matter where you’re drafted (or if you’re drafted) if you work hard.

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I root for Canada, but I hope our prospects have a great tournament.

I hope Canada does well, but I am really hoping that a couple of our prospects have dominating performances and are the top contenders for tournament MVP, which most likely requires their teams to do well.

If I had a choice between Team Canada winning while our prospects have lackluster performances, or Team Canada not doing that well but our prospects dominating and looking NHL-ready, I know which one I would prefer.

22 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I hope Canada does well, but I am really hoping that a couple of our prospects have dominating performances and are the top contenders for tournament MVP, which most likely requires their teams to do well.

If I had a choice between Team Canada winning while our prospects have lackluster performances, or Team Canada not doing that well but our prospects dominating and looking NHL-ready, I know which one I would prefer.

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We’ve had our fair share of players cut from camps over the years.

Hopefully we can get a couple of unlikely guys onto teams in Costmar, Persson, and Zlodeyev.

Zlodeyev has not been invited to camp and Russia still has to cut players.  The Karjala Cup is only for European pros.  They've added the guys playing in North America which pushed him out of consideration.