The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Take Myers instead.  Risto is only marginally better in my opinion and Myers won't cost anything but term and money.

Risto is cheaper though and 3 more years. I think Myers might be better defensively, but we could use Risto's aggressiveness and offense. I don't mind having both guys on the team. I'm genuinely curious what the asking price is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 6string said:

Toronto and Montreal are not what they were decades ago, the pressure, the media and a tradition in decline makes them less appealing these days I think.

They're still riding high on reputation.  Vancouver is growing and is full of Hollywood people so I'm thinking within 7-10 more years, Vancouver will blow by Montreal.  Toronto will be a tough nut to crack though.

Edited by SabreFan1

7 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I'm really happy with this deal.  He is a solid #4 who puts up points.  We are better with him than without him.  If wee get Miller, Benn and Meyers, we are one of the most improved teams this off season.

Is ~30 points/year considered “putting up points” now? 

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Risto is cheaper though and 3 more years. I think Myers might be better defensively, but we could use Risto's aggressiveness and offense. I don't mind having both guys on the team. I'm genuinely curious what the asking price is.

You and me both.  Botterill can't screw that up like he did with the ROR trade.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

6 mil. is still rich for a guy who is ideally a #4, but if you consider part of that an acquisition cost it cuts a little off it.  If they couldn't swing a deal for a younger, better player than I suppose this could be preferable to trading 2nds and 3rds for worse or older players with less money or term attached. I just hope he can at least perform like he's worth 4.5-5 million.

6 million is fairly on par for a #3.  We’ve never had to pay a true #1 because we’ve never had one and their going rate is ~10 million.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Pouliot out - Myers in.   Big upgrade.

Hutton out - Benn in. Minor upgrade.

Looks good so far. Hopefully we see a trade in there somewhere.

I also wonder how many other guys Jim has a line on. Once the bigger names go off the board for real then money will get tighter. We might be able to steal one more.

I do think Benn will bring more physical play that Hutty did. 

Dhaliwal saying there's a depth dman in the works as well. 

• Upvote 2

This signing will be huge based solely on the minutes Myers will eat up. Hes never averaged less than 20 minutes toi in his career and that should help the younger defenseman adjust and (hopefully) take some pressure off our two brittle beauty's in eddy and tan. Love em but they have durability records only surpassed by Salo.

• Upvote 3