The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dzingel to Carolina

Signed for two years at 6.75 million total. $3.38 million AAV.

Crazy low price for a guy who scored 26 goals and 56 points last year.

Another little bit of comparable for Benning to push Boeser’s contract down a little.  They had identical stats last year with 26 goals and 30 assists.

https://www.tsn.ca/carolina-hurricanes-sign-f-dzingel-to-two-year-deal-1.1336380

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Provost said:

Signed for two years at 6.75 million total. $3.38 million AAV.

Crazy low price for a guy who scored 26 goals and 56 points last year.

Another little bit of comparable for Benning to push Boeser’s contract down a little.  They had identical stats last year with 26 goals and 30 assists.

https://www.tsn.ca/carolina-hurricanes-sign-f-dzingel-to-two-year-deal-1.1336380

You beat Vintage? 

I thought androids don't take time off..... B)

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I could be a little ignorant here, but it seems to me as though Colorado could have signed him to a similar deal and used him as their 2C, thus negating the need to send Kerfoot and Barrie to the Laffs for Kadri.

I dunno.

Dzingel took 95 faceoffs last year and was around 40%. Not sure how he could be a 2C.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Nah this is a good contract. I would have actually liked it more if it were a 4 yr contract tbh. I get thatits a young mans game but you dont turn completly useless upon turning 29. 8 of the top 19 scorers this year are over 29. 

So in short they have a 40-50 pt man on the cheap for 2 yrs. They could have had him for 4. If he scores 80-100 pts in the next 2 years he'll likely be asking for 6 mill. 

With how cheap they got him i would have taken the gamble on the extra 2 yrs.

22 minutes ago, Crimson said:

26 goals for less than $3.5M is meh?

I don't think he will match his totals last year, but who knows. I think he will drop back down to about 40-45 points, but still a 20+ goal scorer. It's a decent deal, but we got basically the same production in Ferland with the physicality that Dzingel doesn't have.

Hopefully he's ready to storm surge.

Edited by theo5789

Don't think Dzingel's production is far off from JT's?? And yet JT cost us a first round pick and is making $5M. I get it... JT is a power forward, plays all 3 forward positions.... but I would love to get Dzingel at that AAV and a total upgrade over Baerstchi!!

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

I don't think he will match his totals last year, but who knows. I think he will drop back down to about 40-45 points, but still a 20+ goal scorer. It's a decent deal, but we got basically the same production in Ferland with the physicality that Dzingel doesn't have.

Hopefully he's ready to storm surge.

I like the Ferland signing but is it always a comparison? 

Just now, timberz21 said:

Wonder why Columbus didn't keep him at that price, after losing Duche. and Panarin

This is what suprises me. It's not like Carolina is a spot players love to sign..

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Nah this is a good contract. I would have actually liked it more if it were a 4 yr contract tbh. I get thatits a young mans game but you dont turn completly useless upon turning 29. 8 of the top 19 scorers this year are over 29. 

So in short they have a 40-50 pt man on the cheap for 2 yrs. They could have had him for 4. If he scores 80-100 pts in the next 2 years he'll likely be asking for 6 mill. 

With how cheap they got him i would have taken the gamble on the extra 2 yrs.

I don't think he signed for "cheap", but much closer to his market value than I expected. It's right around the Baertschi contract. Personally I like the 2 year deal as he seems like a riskier player to gamble on IMO and he probably likes that he doesn't have to worry about the expansion and maybe wants to stay out East. If I had to choose between Ferland and Dzingel at the same price, I'm glad we got Ferland.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Don't think Dzingel's production is far off from JT's?? And yet JT cost us a first round pick and is making $5M. I get it... JT is a power forward, plays all 3 forward positions.... but I would love to get Dzingel at that AAV and a total upgrade over Baerstchi!!

One also has a stronger resume.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Provost said:

True, but Zinger likely peaked already and had a very questionable stint in CBJ which many suspect for the reason he wasn't signed sooner,  for more term, and for a higher number.

Boeser otoh,  isn't even near his prime yet and will be a core piece of this team  (hopefully) for the next decade. 

• Upvote 2