The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dzingel to Carolina

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

I think Columbus is underrated, but it's going to come down to their goaltending. Nyquist is a better addition than Dzingel anyway. Their defense is still solid with Jones and Werenski leading the way. Guys like Wennberg and Bjorkstrand will find bigger roles and may see their production go back up as a result and maybe "William Karlsson" themselves in doing so.

Atkinson - Dubois - Anderson

Jenner - Wennberg - Nyquist

Foligno - Texier - Bjorkstrand

Hannikainen - Dubinsky - Nash

Werenski - Jones

Murray - Savard

Harrington - Nutivaara

Not a team that I would be disappointed in having. Plus 5-10 million in cap space still after signing Werenski if they feel the need to add to the lineup.

you're prolly right.. it just seems unreal how much talent is walking.. 

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

But then you go on to say you're happier to get Ferland... who put up similar playoff numbers this year, and struggled similarly when he returned from injury and wasn't playing on the top line. 

If Ferland's production drops off, he still adds a physical game and punish defenders to wear them down, plus a guy that will stand up for your teammates. If Dzingel drops off, what do you have left? The contract is manageable because it's 2 years, but you have more Gagner in Dzingel than you do with Ferland.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

If Ferland's production drops off, he still adds a physical game and punish defenders to wear them down, plus a guy that will stand up for your teammates. If Dzingel drops off, what do you have left? The contract is manageable because it's 2 years, but you have more Gagner in Dzingel than you do with Ferland.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

you're prolly right.. it just seems unreal how much talent is walking.. 

They certainly would be better off if 1 or 2 of the guys actually stayed. But perhaps they play better as a team rather than hoping for individuals to step up.

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

Agreed.  And that’s exactly why Torts healthy scratched Dzingle on several occasions.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I think Columbus is underrated, but it's going to come down to their goaltending. Nyquist is a better addition than Dzingel anyway. Their defense is still solid with Jones and Werenski leading the way. Guys like Wennberg and Bjorkstrand will find bigger roles and may see their production go back up as a result and maybe "William Karlsson" themselves in doing so.

Atkinson - Dubois - Anderson

Jenner - Wennberg - Nyquist

Foligno - Texier - Bjorkstrand

Hannikainen - Dubinsky - Nash

Werenski - Jones

Murray - Savard

Harrington - Nutivaara

Not a team that I would be disappointed in having. Plus 5-10 million in cap space still after signing Werenski if they feel the need to add to the lineup.

Losing Panarin, Duchene, and Bobrovsky all in one shot would seriously hurt any team, no matter if they are currently underrated or overrated.

Just now, HKSR said:

Losing Panarin, Duchene, and Bobrovsky all in one shot would seriously hurt any team, no matter if they are currently underrated or overrated.

Not if they have been distractions all year. They are talented individuals, but they don't necessarily make a better "team".

Panarin is certainly a huge loss. Duchene was a rental and didn't really impress in the regular season, but did step up in the playoffs. I don't think the team will be hurting too much from his loss beyond what they lost in trading for him (plus I personally feel like he's the type to float after a big contract signing, so they may have dodged a bullet here, we'll see).

Bobrovsky was a headache for them (or for Torts at least) most of the year and at his asking price, it simply wasn't worth it anyway and he hasn't looked as good once Ian Clark left. But goaltending is the issue I see here being a big factor and hopefully Korpisalo has more confidence knowing he's the guy, but Elvis Merzlikins may come in under the radar here.

They may feel the effect more a few more years down the road with all the picks they gave up and didn't re-gain from letting these guys walk, but they do have all of their 1sts, so just have to make those picks count.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Good money, good term. Good deal. Was worried he’d get 5mil on a long term deal. Tanev got a far better deal and has never hit 20 goals or 40 points in his life. Hell, never even hit 30. Lol. 

This is why you cannot look at point production alone. Far more aspects in play when building a team.

1 hour ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Ya... but PPG is pretty comparable...  so my point is, is it really worth our 1st pick + paying $1.7M more? Let's not forget JT got to play with Stamkos and Kucherov... Dzingel, well just Ottawa... 

lmgtfy

16.2% of his 5 on 5 ice-time with Kucherov Stamkos

2 of his 27 even strength pts last season (7.4% of his 5 on 5 production) while playing with Kucherov and Stamkos.

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

It'll be interesting to see which player he'll be

The Ottawa Dzingel or the Columbus Dzingel 

He didn't look good after arriving in Columbus 

Torts effect?

seems like a solid signing to me. He's what we wanted out of Baer. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

My mistake! I thought it was $6.75 X 2 years. I blame no coffee yet :lol:

That is indeed a bargoon.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

See above.

Fair enough. I actually thought the same and looked again and was like o ok, that's better. Haha.

• Cheers 1