The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dzingel to Carolina

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Dzingle was a healthy scratch and in Tort’s doghouse, because he plays too soft on and off pucks.  He stays on the perimeter too much, and hurts his team.  Torts doesn’t bench players for playing good.  

Lots of good players have been benched by Torts over the years, CLB gave up two seconds and Duclair to acquire him last year for their run so they must have liked his game. 

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Lots of good players have been benched by Torts over the years, CLB gave up two seconds and Duclair to acquire him last year for their run so they must have liked his game. 

So you’re saying that Torts benches guys who are player a winning style?  So Torts is trying to lose?  

Coaches never bench guys for playing good.  Coaches bench guys because they want: one two win, and two for that player to play a style that helps the team win.  Dzingle plays too soft.  He’s just like Baer, who was benched by Green for the same.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you’re saying that Torts benches guys who are player a winning style?  So Torts is trying to lose?  

Coaches never bench guys for playing good.  Coaches bench guys because they want: one two win, and two for that player to play a style that helps the team win.  Dzingle plays too soft.  He’s just like Baer, who was benched by Green for the same.  

JT MIller was in AV's doghouse in NYR, doesnt mean they are bad players

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Carolina misses the playoffs next season.  

If they get decent Goaltending, I dont see that happening. Svechnikov and Necas will have a bigger impact this year and they are deep. Thier AHL team was the best in the league last year. 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Not “just” playing on a lien with them... playing on the same roster.

Miller would have had the easiest of opponents playing on a 3rd or 4th line behind crazy talent.  Playing against 3rd pairing D on Tampa is a lot different than Dzingel playing in Ottawa with little other forward talent ahead of him.

There is absolutely a risk of signing players form good teams who are stuck down the depth chart.  Their production could be artificially higher because of where they are playing.

No telling how Miller works out for us and Dzingel works out for Carolina... but someone pointing out the relative difference in rosters for comparison is perfectly reasonable.

But Miller’s numbers were better playing big minutes in NY against top competition. His production dipped in the scenario you’ve described. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'll be the first to admit I haven't watched a ton of TBay games, but from what I recall, JT wasn't out on the ice that often when Stamkos and Kucherov were out there.

Also gotta wonder what the deal is with Dzingel given that it took so long for a team to sign him (at a low cap hit too).

For same cap hit, can we agree we would wanna have Dzingel over Baertschi??

5 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Dzingel took 95 faceoffs last year and was around 40%. Not sure how he could be a 2C.

As someone who went from center to wing and back to center its hard to get back in the groove of faceoffs when you don't take them very often. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

I suppose Kucherov, Stamkos, Point et al were Tampa's matchup lines, right. 

Please.  Educate. Yourself.

First off, you promised to put me on ignore and then proceeded to keep making negative reactions to all my posts like a weird stalker girlfriend.

Secondly, you should probably go read the numerous articles and look at the numbers before spouting off invented nonsense.

Point and Kucherov were in fact given the toughest matchup assignments all last season, and it continued into the playoffs.  The idea that you are scoffing at.  It is normal in modern day hockey, especially on good teams, that good lines regularly go head to head often, as coaches have learned that having the puck on your stick is a pretty good defence against the other top players scoring. 

Aside from reading numerous articles with the coach literally talking about using the Point line for matchups, Miller’s stats, including your favourite ones don’t show usage of being a defensive shutdown guy against the top competition.

In addition, there aren’t great stats to measure it (they are some but not well used) but there is a distinct difference between what opposition you face, if you are a forward it is much more important what opposing defence you play against, not what forwards you play against when considering quality of competition.  

If you really think that teams playing Tampa Bay reserves their top two defence pairings for the 4th line that Miller was on,

and not Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point...you know even less about hockey than most is us think.   You literally just said that in your argument about Miller not facing 3rd pairing D.

Please. Educate. Yourself 

Miller May turn out to be great for us, but you scoffing at and insulting a poster (not me) for suggesting that you need to consider the quality of his team compared with Dzingel’s team in Ottawa is just objectively wrong.

Edited by Provost
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

First off, you promised to put me on ignore

Derp - I offered you a mutual ignore deal and you didn't want it - ironically - and prefer to do this strange feel sorry for yourself thing instead.

And even more ironically, you're the one that engaged in this conversation - you quoted a post and wanted to debate.

Can't be bothered with the rest of your bent narrative - Kucherov plays the hard minutez!  Derp.  Meaningless nonsense.

So difficult to take you seriously wadr.   Do you want a mutual ignore agreement or not, flip flop guy?

Edited by oldnews
  • Wat 2

9 hours ago, rekker said:

Would of loved adding Dzingel but that was before I thought we could even afford Ferland. Would much rather have Miller and Ferland as they address our needs better. Before we get the JB out GM'd  crowd coming out again. We dont even know if Dzingel would of wanted to come here. Ferland cant wait to put on our jersey and I cant wait to see him in it. 

Ya, Ferland had photoshopped his twitter page on the day of the signing.  I'll say he wants to be here!!

• Cheers 1