The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Ryan Callahan, 2020 5th-round pick to Senators for Mike Condon, 2020 6th-round pick

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

You'd sit Leivo to play Eriksson....?:blink: What in Gordie's name for? The constant media distraction?

Leivo is ok, but he's a fringe player and LE is better defensively and probably on par offensively, in a bottom 6 role.

The only distraction is for fans, players and coaches don't look at him as anything other than a teammate

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Leivo is ok, but he's a fringe player and LE is better defensively and probably on par offensively, in a bottom 6 role.

The only distraction is for fans, players and coaches don't look at him as anything other than a teammate

Leivo was a more consistent player last year and checked some boxes that Eriksson didn't.

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

There's zero chance they waive Leivo to keep Eriksson.

And really, the media asking team mates about Eriksson every day and fans booing him at games won't be a distraction...

source.gif

Edited by aGENT

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Melnyk is likely to make a profit this year.  Crazy stuff. 

You have to be able to sell tickets and merchandise to actually turn a profit. He won't be doing that with 100 people in the building.

1 minute ago, Fantomex said:

You have to be able to sell tickets and merchandise to actually turn a profit. He won't be doing that with 100 people in the building.

National TV deal, plus Seattle expansion.  I think the Sens will average 15,000 plus in attendance too.  Melnyk, the bugger, will make himself a tidy profit this coming season.  

52 minutes ago, aGENT said:

There's zero chance they waive Leivo to keep Eriksson.

And really, the media asking team mates about Eriksson every day and fans booing him at games won't be a distraction...

source.gif

That's just sad for the fans.  Players don't really care about that kind of thing.  If anything, it'll probably galvanize them a bit.  I highly doubt LE isn't well respected inside the dressing room

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Leivo was a more consistent player last year and checked some boxes that Eriksson didn't.

And LE checks some boxes for the bottom 6 that Leivo doesn't.  I'm still hoping they can move him in the next two months, but I'm certainly not counting on it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

That's just sad for the fans.  Players don't really care about that kind of thing.  If anything, it'll probably galvanize them a bit.  I highly doubt LE isn't well respected inside the dressing room

Whether you think it's 'sad' or not, burying your head in the sand about it isn't going to change it. Some fans WILL boo him. Media WILL constantly be be asking questions about it.

The team doesn't need the distraction.

And Eriksson is not a better player than any of the younger, cheaper guys we'd have to waive to keep him on the roster. The team doesn't remotely 'need' him to compete. We have equal or better options who are both younger and cheaper AND won't be a distraction.

He's done here.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

And LE checks some boxes for the bottom 6 that Leivo doesn't.  I'm still hoping they can move him in the next two months, but I'm certainly not counting on it.

Personally, I don’t see it. Players like Leivo and Motte play with noticeably more energy and effort than Loui.  They both bring a physical game which is nonexistent with Eriksson. 

I don’t think he’ll be here come training camp. With all the changes to the roster, having Eriksson back would be disruptive. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Personally, I don’t see it. Players like Leivo and Motte play with noticeably more energy and effort than Loui.  They both bring a physical game which is nonexistent with Eriksson. 

I don’t think he’ll be here come training camp. With all the changes to the roster, having Eriksson back would be disruptive. 

I dont think it would be disruprive, just redundant in some ways. He is still a decent hockey player but his style fits the Sedin-era playing style far more than the new generations playing style. 

It would be better for all to move him. But there are worse things than having Eriksson in your bottom 6 and on your PK. 

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Send him to Utica and instruct Cull not to play him for a single shift.  If he opens his mouth again, suspend him without pay.

Your ridiculous this whole Eriksson thing is ridiculous and the Canuck fan base over reacted like usual 

• Upvote 2

Is there a team that's worse than the Canucks when it comes to dead cap space? We have Eriksson at 6 mil that we cant get rid of. Spooner buy out at 1mil Luongo cap recapture at 3mil and Sutter who I dont even know if we can get rid of either at 4.4mil who barely played 50% of the games since traded here.. that's 14mil in cap space that we have wasted