The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Puljujarvi to play in Finland until he is traded

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Exodus!

Movement of the players.

Whatever can Edmonchuk do to keep players there?

Open another mall?

Even having McJesus is not enough.

Then when even He demands a trade, look out.

Exodus!

Movement of the team.

(Bob Marley knock off for a Fine Friday Afternoon; 4:20 in Winterpeg.)

Ooohh..it's wknd Mob Barley!

Oooh Pool, ooh mahn, is it feasible..

(Trolls wanna' know now)

For team to shock some more?

Yah see: In League I know, there's lots of grief

& your hip - no cap relief!

Tears in their eyes burn x2

While they're waitin' PO-turn

See! Coil don't wanna' waaait in vain, for a Cup(repeat until fade)

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

There is no way I trade him if im Kenny Holland. If he doesn't report, let him play in FIN the whole year and let him develop his game and gain his confidence back .  

Can't give in to a players trade request out of EDM. Others will try to do same to get out of that small market frozen cold city. 

I let him sit. He can play in FIN. No trade.. Not much value in a trade right now for him anyways.  Why sell low..  no point. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Can you imagine being drafted to play on the same team as Connor McDavid, and STILL request a trade? 

What a joke the Oilers are.

In all seriousness, though, I do feel bad for Oiler fans who have had to endure this joke of a franchise ever since Pronger requested to leave (and even then, he was the only reason they were respectable for that one year). 

As a fan of many teams, and I also had to see Jets fans deal with the Trouba fiasco. Although, as time went on, it became apparent about a year and a half ago that the main reason he wanted to leave was because of his girlfriend and her career, and not lack of success with the team...

...which is where Edmonton fans have had to see ineptitude for season upon season upon season, now. It wasn’t the fans who drafted, screwed up development, and ruined Yakupov (although he’s another story entirely). The Taylor Hall trade, while the intentions were right in needing a defenseman, was botched from the get go by targeting the wrong kind of defenseman.

The mind boggling thing is so many of their problems right now would have been corrected with players they ALREADY had on their team; either by drafting or signing. Petry, Dubnyk, Hall, Eberle, Perron, Maroon,  Strome. None of these players were bad. The fact that Edmonton gave up or used them poorly is unreal. If I were a fan, I don’t even know if I would have the energy to even care about the team anymore.

One can wonder how long McDavid will take of this before he requests to be moved.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jatylo said:

Feel like other teams can give a better prospect. but I wouldn't mind trading Goldy and Gadj for Poolparty.  But please someone get him a properly fitted helmet

One good thing about Edmonton is that their young castoffs tend out to have decent careers on other teams. (schultz,dubby,ebs, hall)

order 2 proper helmets...the other for Tryamkin!

Canucks should be trying to buy low on this guy

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

I will never feel sorry for Oilers fans. I have many around me and they cheered vigorously against the Canucks in 2011. Couldn't even cheer us on for our first cup whilst they have many. Ever argue with an Oilers fan? They just throw their cups in your face as the glory years are all they have left. They are spoiled, entitled fans for the most part. I hope the team continues to rot for decades and I very much enjoy watching their circus of a franchise suck. 

Same goes for the Leaf homers on HF boards who bash the canucks and rave about the leafs cup victories...Can never, the interweb has made all that so much more unpleasant.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

At this point, he’s no better than what we already have.

He had every opportunity to be successful in Edmonton, playing along side McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH. Yet he still couldn’t put up any decent numbers for an offensive guy. He couldn’t even put up a point per game in the minors. 

Who's to say that he couldn't develop into one of our 6 best wingers, while being on a bargain deal?  Nothing wrong with healthy competition (e.g. he gives Jake a run for his money and can be another Leivo or Pearson... or better)

I'm all down for low risk, potentially high reward assets that might just need another chance to flourish.  Start him off with Gaudette on the big line in Utica and go from there.  If he doesn't pan out we have more than enough depth to move on.  Dangle Goldie as others have mentioned.  

2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I would love to try to grab JP on the cheap. Unfortunately I don’t see Benning or Green wanting him, thinking he just walks away from tough situations despite Edmonton’s track record with their prospects.

Maybe he’s another Yakupov?  Why give up assets for a bustaroo?  I wouldn’t even trade Goldy for Mr. Fortnite. 

36 minutes ago, rekker said:

Couldn't even cheer us on for our first cup whilst they have many.

I mean, the idea of fans who are loyal to one team feeling obligated to cheer for any other team is sort of ridiculous, no? 

36 minutes ago, rekker said:

Ever argue with an Oilers fan?

No. I’m 37. The Oiler fans I know are fun people who know their team is garbage. And that sports means absolutely nothing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

I mean, the idea of fans who are loyal to one team feeling obligated to cheer for any other team is sort of ridiculous, no? 

No. I’m 37. The Oiler fans I know are fun people who know their team is garbage. And that sports means absolutely nothing.

I love the Canucks but I cheer good hockey and support good fans. St Louis was easy to cheer for this year. Same with the Jets for example. I'm older than you so maybe it's the Oilers fans in my age bracket. They have upped their level of obnoxious ever since they won the McSaviour lottery. Although, I do agree with you in that they have been severaly, humbled. They have no choice but to laugh at their teams mistakes since there have been so, so many. It's been comical and they cant help but giggle it seems.