The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Puljujarvi to play in Finland until he is traded

2 hours ago, rekker said:

I will never feel sorry for Oilers fans. I have many around me and they cheered vigorously against the Canucks in 2011. Couldn't even cheer us on for our first cup whilst they have many. Ever argue with an Oilers fan? They just throw their cups in your face as the glory years are all they have left. They are spoiled, entitled fans for the most part. I hope the team continues to rot for decades and I very much enjoy watching their circus of a franchise suck. 

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Same goes for the Leaf homers on HF boards who bash the canucks and rave about the leafs cup victories...Can never, the interweb has made all that so much more unpleasant.

While we are at it, I want to add the Calgary Flames on this list as well.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, rekker said:

I admire Poolparty for taking a stand if this is true. Edmonton is a black hole of development and Poolparty has enough balls to stand up to them it seems. 

If rumour holds true I guess Pool Party is Finnished with the Oilers. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jatylo said:

Feel like other teams can give a better prospect. but I wouldn't mind trading Goldy and Gadj for Poolparty.  But please someone get him a properly fitted helmet

One good thing about Edmonton is that their young castoffs tend out to have decent careers on other teams. (schultz,dubby,ebs, hall)

Yakupov

I wonder what happened to Jesse Puljujärvi he was one of the three heavily hyped prospect with Laine and Matthews. And some people might say "it's the Oilers" but I don't even think that is the reason especially since individually the top prospects have done well on that team.  

Might be a bust to be honest. Still early to state that, I know, but it doesn't look promising for him. 

Goldobin and Bartschi for Puljujarvi, and adding a fifth on top of that? Personally think that's overpayment. Oilers would be getting one NHL player for sure in Baer, and then possibly another in Goldobin and then we're adding a fifth round pick for a prospect that can't even crack one of the worse NHL teams in the league? Yeah, no thanks. 

I'd love Puljujarvi for cheap. FOR CHEAP. If the Oilers want more, then they can lose him for eventually nothing (like another poster says, would not be surprised if Seattle selects him, they would have nothing to lose). 

Pool Party's numbers aren't actually any worse than Jake's numbers for his first 3 years after being drafted.  Jake went back to junior his first year while Pool Party went straight to the NHL and played 28 games with 8 points.  He also played in the AHL as an 18 year old and got 28 points in 39 games.  Jake was still in junior as an 18 year old.  Second year Pool Party plays 65 games in the NHL as a 19 year old and gets 12 goals and 20 points in 65 games.  As a 19 year old Jake plays his first year in the NHL and gets 7 goals and 13 points in 55 games.  So you can  argue Pool Party's numbers as a 19 year old were better than Jake's.

As a 20 year old Jake plays almost the whole year in the AHL and gets only 19 points in 65 games.  While Pool Party also struggles and plays only 46 games in the NHL and gets 9 points.  Pool Party also plays 4 games in the AHL and gets 4 points.  He is also injured last year and misses a lot of game time.

Next year is a pivotal year for Pool Party so that is why he is trying to get out of Edmonton and I don't blame him.  I'm not saying he is going to light the league on fire but honestly his numbers are pretty similar to Jake's after his draft +3 year.  Lots of people were writing Jake off as well after his 3rd year.  He did bounce back last year and I think he can be a very good physical 3rd line winger.  With Pool Party the real issue is can he play in the top 6?  If he can then it's worth a shot.  If not I'm not sure his game would translate onto a 3rd line in the NHL, although he does have the size to play in the bottom 6.

I would definitely take a flyer on him.  I'd do a Kole Lind for Pool Party trade as I think Pool Party has more upside and I don't see Lind as ever being a top 6 guy.