The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would your ideal top 6/top 4 be?

Rate this topic

Gator

Cowan - Chaput - Megna (legends of Canucks lore)

Shinkaruk - Hodgson - Jensen (the future, they said...) 

Kenins - Vey - Etem (Real gud)

Cooke - Lapierre - Burrows (who doesn't love a line of trollolol's?)

//May Ray (1/3 of the ever-popular trio offered for that elusive 1st round pick)

Weinrich - Rory (standout yellow visor and standout all-star candidate!!)

Cam Barker - Luca Sbisa (1st round pedigree and pizza man!1!)

Ballard - Corrado (ref. May Ray, and the golden child of a bygone era... fun times!)

//Juice (those antics.  that talent.  Bieska as Cherry called him.)

Mike McKenna (Nice try Philly.  He's a Canuck!)

Eddie Lack (Swedish meatballs.  That is all.) 

• Haha 1

Prez MG

GM Quinn

AGM Benning

AGM Naslund

Capologist Gilman

Coach AV 

Ass Coaches Nielson, Crow, 

Goalie Coach Rollie 

Athletic trainer Mike Burnstein

Skills coaches Malhotra, Burrows, Bertuzzi, Hamhuis, Bieksa

Equip manager Pat O'neill

Edited by hammertime

I saw this kind of idea suggested. I've grown to like it:

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Ferland Miller Pearson

Why not load up the 1st? That's a line to rival any other in the NHL imo. That second doesn't have big star power but That it's a big 2nd line that should be able to provide solid secondary scoring.

If Pilates (sp) has actually helped put Sutter back on his game and if Baer comes back hard these are two guys who were tried in our top 6 in the past and now on 3rd line duty. Which with an ever improving Virtanen -could- be a 3rd line capable of really helping that extra scoring we have so not had lately. This really isn't unrealistic to expect.

4th line plays primarily defense/energy. (As 4th lines often do).

We have really ridiculous depth now - and truly NHL ready backups. 

Im so excited.

6 hours ago, kloubek said:

I saw this kind of idea suggested. I've grown to like it:

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Ferland Miller Pearson

Why not load up the 1st? That's a line to rival any other in the NHL imo. That second doesn't have big star power but That it's a big 2nd line that should be able to provide solid secondary scoring.

If Pilates (sp) has actually helped put Sutter back on his game and if Baer comes back hard these are two guys who were tried in our top 6 in the past and now on 3rd line duty. Which with an ever improving Virtanen -could- be a 3rd line capable of really helping that extra scoring we have so not had lately. This really isn't unrealistic to expect.

4th line plays primarily defense/energy. (As 4th lines often do).

We have really ridiculous depth now - and truly NHL ready backups. 

Im so excited.

The problem I see with having Pete  Bo  Boes on the 1st line is that Pete automatically becomes the playmaker.  Being a terrific goal scorer as well, he will score less as the tendency will be to defer to the other two.

I really like Miller with Pete as he can help out with face offs and is a very good playmaker.  I think JT   Pete  Brock will be part of the #1 PP as well.

I also think that Bo's line needs a playmaker, but get stuck with having too many LW (Baer, Pearson, Ferland).  I know people won't like it, but I can see Baer   Bo   Loui starting off; especially if Loui has any jump to his game.   Loui showed some decent chemistry with Bo, so I think Green will see if there's anything there early on.

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2019 at 6:27 AM, tas said:

ovechkin-crosby-kucherov

marchand-mcdavid-p. kane

hedman-burns

giordano-karlsson

Beat me to it, the op didn't qualify that it has to be Canucks players.

For some reason i have a feeling we may see a line of Ferland and Eriksson between a centre like Gaudette or Sutter. Tough, girtty, can score dirty goals. (Well Eriksson isn't tough lol.) Almost all of Eriksson's goals in boston were gritty around the net goals. I think him being with a player like Ferland who can cause havoc in front of the goalie could open up some ice for him around the net. 

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Lol so many people just assume Pearson is your top 6... he avg 15 goals a season.. by that standard I guess virtanen is a sure fire top 6 too

He showed well with Horvat so I think it is a natural fallback of something that has recently worked. Sometimes a player just needs to find the right compliment.

I would also prefer Baer tries out again on the 2nd line. I think he has more to show us.

Bottom line There are plenty of options now.  Who knows what will stick.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, kloubek said:

He showed well with Horvat so I think it is a natural fallback of something that has recently worked. Sometimes a player just needs to find the right compliment.

I would also prefer Baer tries out again on the 2nd line. I think he has more to show us.

Bottom line There are plenty of options now.  Who knows what will stick.

Then LE stays too, he was part of that lines success no?   

Personally my only worry going into next season is as soon as a line cools down the temptation to jump start it will be awfully high - and we will see an endlessly rotating of bodies until chemistry is developed - hopefully that won’t happen and training camp is heavily about this same with pre-season.

Injuries will also help move this along.   Horvats line that he ended up with - over an entire season puts him at close to a PGGer, Pearson a 35 goal scorer and LE likely a 40 plus point guy again.  

Pretty sure we will see Ferland playing the cop on the first line - Miller with Horvat plus maybe Pearson or Bear OR

As soon as Sutter goes down (would anyone take a bet he won’t at this point?) Miller plays third line C unless AG is killing it - but that means we have to send him back and will he need to clear waivers by that time?

At least we have more depth.   It’s hard to not see this team scoring 30-40 more goals and letting 10-20 less in...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Then LE stays too, he was part of that lines success no?   

Personally my only worry going into next season is as soon as a line cools down the temptation to jump start it will be awfully high - and we will see an endlessly rotating of bodies until chemistry is developed - hopefully that won’t happen and training camp is heavily about this same with pre-season.

Injuries will also help move this along.   Horvats line that he ended up with - over an entire season puts him at close to a PGGer, Pearson a 35 goal scorer and LE likely a 40 plus point guy again.  

Pretty sure we will see Ferland playing the cop on the first line - Miller with Horvat plus maybe Pearson or Bear OR

As soon as Sutter goes down (would anyone take a bet he won’t at this point?) Miller plays third line C unless AG is killing it - but that means we have to send him back and will he need to clear waivers by that time?

At least we have more depth.   It’s hard to not see this team scoring 30-40 more goals and letting 10-20 less in...

I like Miller Horvat and Pearson to start but it all depends on the chemistry like you say. If that line clicks that takes a little of the pressure off of Petey and Boeser. Moving Baertschi and Virtanen down to the third line isnt a bad thing. we will need some offense there as well.

I love Gaudette and his potential but i think he plays a lot in Utica this season.

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

I like Miller Horvat and Pearson to start but it all depends on the chemistry like you say. If that line clicks that takes a little of the pressure off of Petey and Boeser. Moving Baertschi and Virtanen down to the third line isnt a bad thing. we will need some offense there as well.

I love Gaudette and his potential but i think he plays a lot in Utica this season.

Think AG plays until in Utica as well but will see time when as a depth player when we have injuries ...It really is a bit of a crap shoot as far as who plays with EP .... think Pearson should get a continued look with Horvat.  Really think Ferland plays with EP to start - and Miller is on the second line as well.   Bear will help create some offense on the third line for sure - or maybe he wins a spot on the second line it’s like musical chairs - first one injured or a cold spell your bumped ha ha...nice that Miller plays center - actually would like to seem him gets some time with EP too 5 x 5...

• Upvote 1