The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Oof, childish eh? Couldn't just have a discussion had to get up in your feels cause I laughed. Sorry pal.

Nothing to do with "feels" = everything to do with being unable to take you seriously and not wasting time going in circles with an "Lol"er.  cheers.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:
2 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

The rationale explanation is they are in cap trouble

Nope

How can figure they are in a good cap situation? They are still capped out. Once Roussel comes back they cannot replace an injured player unless they put a player on LTIR. Years ago Calgary had to play short handed because of a similar situation. And this is good?

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Sutter and Beagle were out for stretches. If they're healthy, that's already a boost. Swap out Leivo for Granlund to add size and some skill. Motte was excellent last season. Schaller actually finished the year strong last season and got himself back to his points pace in his last year in Boston. Sven didn't fit the bottom 6 unless we were going to have a scoring 3rd line, but that doesn't necessarily make our bottom 6 better because it simply forces a line that needs more sheltering. Right now LE isn't in the bottom 6 like he was last year and we have Gaudette that we can plug in at a moment's notice. So if healthy, it looks like a decent bottom 6 to start.

I would have loved a scoring third line, need secondary scoring to win hockey games. Sven - Sutter - Gaudette would have been pretty responsible defensively. Sven is not like Goldobin defensively.  

Just now, oldnews said:

Nothing to do with "feels" = everything to do with being unable to take you seriously and not wasting time going in circles with an "Lol"er.  cheers.

Honestly, it'll just be easier to block you or whatever. Not interested in dealing with your whiny little know it all attitude. Had a decent discussion going and you started crying cause I laughed at your "if health is okay Roussel is guaranteed 3rd line spot" but nobody uses the "if healthy" side for why Baer would be a better 3rd line option.

Boo hoo somebody doesn't agree with every little thing I say and he laughed. Such a childish guy. :(

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I would have loved a scoring third line, need secondary scoring to win hockey games. Sven - Sutter - Gaudette would have been pretty responsible defensively. Sven is not like Goldobin defensively.  

And that's just a preference. Doesn't make the decision made today wrong. Leivo has decent skill and Virtanen has been upping his points (and goals) in the last couple of seasons. While also being defensively responsible.

10 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Does anyone know the waiver priority for this coming season? Which teams would get the first few cracks at Baer? I don't see him getting past EDM if he gets that far.

Standings at the end of last season until 1 November, where the actual standings then take over.  So

Ottawa

LA

NJD

Detroit

Buffalo

NYR

Edmonton

Anaheim

(Vancouver)

Philadelphia

etc

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Baertschi is just a points guy. Roussel scores just as many points as Baertschi but is physical, defends pretty well, and provides energy. It’s clear as day Roussel is the better bottom six guy. 

Roussel has massive value on the ice , not only for points but that grit and burrows like behaviour . Hope Sven can be the first call up if he slips thru the waiver wire

• Upvote 2

I like Sven Baertschi as a person, and he's definitely NHL-calibre... but people are actually upset about this?

This is where we stand as an organization, we have to make 'difficult' decisions for the betterment of the team.

I don't get Schaller in the lineup, he is straight up not very good (despite some hustle and not being much of a liability). But it would be an easy swap between him and Rousell when Antoine is ready to go.

As for Goldobin, good riddance. 

Edited by nergish
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tom Sestito said:

@Warhippy this was the original post i responded to, which you were supposed to quote.

Again, I will repeat that I don't know why you're trying to create a strawman. The Baertschi trade is one of Benning's most favorable moves among the fanbase. So, the strawman you've created is not representative of the fanbase opinion. 

Again, I will repeat that you do this continuously where you come into threads that are debating a questionable move and make a post like the above. It just seems as if you don't have an argument to be made about the move so you want to indirectly mock everyone who disagrees with it.

Can you provide any insight into the move so there's something tangible to go off of? 

Incorrect.

You claimed I was calling people dumb.  You made other claims as well.

That is neither a straw man nor an argument.  That is a statement made regarding the feelings then vs now.

I owe you nothing as you insinuated numerous things from my very simple statement without provocation or need to do so.

Here's the Baertschi trade thread

Here's my actual comment from that trade.

Again tell me about how my statement is wrong, or how I'm questioning people's intelligence or calling them dumb in this thread or the original.

For what it's worth, I don't feel either way about this.  He has little spot here in Vancouver.  Is at risk of another concussion and will probably never be more than he was here on any other team in the league.  the team has evolved and moved on and somehow someway he is not part of it.  I feel he earned his spot but the management group feels that somehow eriksson is more deserving of a roster spot.  It is what it is

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

Just now, theo5789 said:

And that's just a preference. Doesn't make the decision made today wrong. Leivo has decent skill and Virtanen has been upping his points (and goals) in the last couple of seasons. While also being defensively responsible.

I just think Sven >>> Schaller. He has given a lot more to the organization, and deserves better. We should have waited until Rousell came back to waive him if we were going that route.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Clearly they don’t think he’s NHL ready...  I doubt he gets claimed.  He’ll start in Utica...  and be fantastic depth for us if he finds his game.  

Sounds like Ike they don’t like him as a bottom 6er being that the physicality isn’t there.  Shocked it’s Sven and not Loui...  but also not.  LE plays both wings and kills penalties...  but I don’t think he’s in the opening night lineup either

Edited by 70seven
  • Upvote 1

Every single remaining member of this team knows what each of the waived guys meant to the team and each other.

I expect those that remain to play their hearts out for those who were left behind.

And I expect of those remaining who dog it, and there will be a few, to be treated in the same way moving forward.

We fans just want some consistency in reasoning and management living up to their word.

And management's words so far were just nebulous enough that the fans have put up 32 pages of confused reactions so far...

5 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I just think Sven >>> Schaller. He has given a lot more to the organization, and deserves better. We should have waited until Rousell came back to waive him if we were going that route.    

Sven doesn't play Schaller's role. Schaller may still get waived when Roussel returns. Who's going to PK if we kept Sven over Schaller?

• Cheers 1