The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Tryamkin fit if he returns this season?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Tryamkin   

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see Tanev being healthy, barring a blocked shot, being that before the Canucks could not get out of their own end. With the Tanev / Hughes combo going for a big hit on Tanev will put players way behind the play due to Hughes skating. 

I the few games that have been played I have only seen (remember) one really big hit on Tanev which seems a lot less than years prior. 

Saying this I liked what Iceman said about Tram going to 7th D and working his way into the line up. I also see him coming in if it gets nasty in the playoff.

But in reality Tram is on a good team and will likely be in the playoffs in Russia so.... 

14 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

so his path back to the nhl is how exactly ?

getting team to trade him?

getting team to sign him to a 3 x 5 million contract when he walked away from them previously

this is not a can't miss player

with a stellar prior record

if he really wants to stay in the khl he should make that clear

and not waste everyone's time

A path on which he returns humble and contrite.

• Upvote 1

He can come in when we have an injury and he can then prove to everyone he’s a Canuck. You organically let him earn his spot with the team and his talent and effort place him according based on how well he plays with the opportunity he gets. Don’t force it just cause let it happen naturally. 

Edited by Bertorama
  • Thanks 1

How many D will we have left standing by the end of the KHL season.

Tryamkin comes in on a 2-3 year deal (probably end of this season and then two more).  If we are in playoff contention, he is a great addition, if not then maybe Tanev gets traded at the deadline.

• Upvote 1

I think we can be pragmatic about it and not divisive. Bring him onto the team and help other guys rest, if needed, fill in for injuries, etc. I think he'll be a team player for us and buy in with green and the rest, no issues like last time. The guy deserves a shot to be a part of the team, and I don't believe we need to think of it as who he replaces but rather that he'll be here and naturally find his place and do what he can to help us win.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Tanev and Edler are going to be injured... just like every other season.  

so...  of course there will be room on the top 4

and really he is a better option over the next 4 years than either Tanev or Edler.... who are a bit long in the tooth.   It would be better to reduce their ice time, get more out of them, and put Tryamkin in a top 4 role.

of course the real question is his performance.  If he deserves to be top 4 he will - that is the reality

• Upvote 1

After looking deeply into my crystal ball...

Late Jan, & Barrie breaks his foot(shot block) Laffs panic & offer 1st for Tanev(this yr, bottom-10; or next yr's, whichever the Canes don't get). We make the deal w/retention(no one can beat that), having reasonably signed Tree, knowing he'll capably fill in next to Quinn.

JM & TD have been pitching shutouts. Mrazek is playing mediocre for the Canes(who otherwise look solid). Next day, Jan 28th, JB's phone rings. They'll give us Mrazek AND the Laffs 1st for Jacob, ASAP. We make the swap, so now hold the next 2 Laff 1st's.

Leafs start plummeting(injuries, but not to CT!) missing the PO's, yet our boys take off in the exact opposite direction. Laff online fanboys gnashing their teeth in outrage, as they spiral into the bottom-10. Lotto draft party approaches, & WE have their dreams firmly by the balls...

Good luck to the eastern media glossing over this particular tragedy.. The ironic thing is, all this is what Burke already did to that ragtag outfit, about 12 yrs back. Now they enlighten us almost daily, with that putz's opinions on "To The Point"!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I think we can be pragmatic about it and not divisive. Bring him onto the team and help other guys rest, if needed, fill in for injuries, etc. I think he'll be a team player for us and buy in with green and the rest, no issues like last time. The guy deserves a shot to be a part of the team, and I don't believe we need to think of it as who he replaces but rather that he'll be here and naturally find his place and do what he can to help us win.

A pragmatic approach is always best. My level of pragmatism however, unlike yours, is less hopeful and borne out of a belief that this player has shown an inclination in the past towards entitlement. I sincerely hope I am wrong because Tram intrigues me as a potential force on our blue line.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Baer. said:

Tryamkin is still under contract for one more year in Russia. Stecher's or Tanev's spot.

Yes , and his KHL season may end on time for him to join the Canucks this season. That is where some of the speculation has come from. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, zimmy said:

As of right now he'd be lucky to make the top six. He certainly hasn't earned anything and its debatable how much better he is than Benn or Stecher. I might feel differently about this in March when our d-core has suffered its usual decimation.

Excuse me what are you basing this off of? He looked awesome when he was here and hes only improved since then

what are you talking about?

6 hours ago, Roberts said:

honestly if the Canucks turn out solid and make the playoffs, would he deserve to join the team? it would feel like he's a bandwagon player.

How would he be a bandwagoner? His contract ends this season he could potentially join us this season. 

JB said he will honor all KHL contracts and has already discussed his possible return. Not seeing how

he could have jumped ship earlier to join us.

I think he'd be in tough to make our top six right now. On top of that, I don't believe he'll arrive this year at all and if so, at the end of the KHL season, not mid-season. I expect that if we do see him, it'll be next year or the year after that. I don't think this is an issue we'll have to deal with anytime soon.

By the time he will be able to play the tail end of the season for us, we will most certainly have an injury or two which opens a spot for him.

So many were of the belief we must be getting rid of Tanev before his contract expired. Now it is even less clear the way he has been playing with Hughes. Still, I think there is opportunity for us to trade him or another player as the season progresses.

All this aside, the only guy I think who I feel would prove less useful than Tryamkin is Benn. I feel Stecher has a lot of great qualities I like, while Benn's best attribute is his size, which Try replaces in spades.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Pretty strait forward topic . Looking at how good our blue line has been, where would you see tram fitting in this year if he returns ? Who comes out to make room ?

These are the basic combos right now ...

20191018_173445.jpg

I would probably assume most would say Benn, but I'm not sure Tryamkin would return here to play a bottom pairing role. 

I do not think he fits on the team if you consider the demands he seemed to be making while he was here ( regardless of willie d's idiocies). Not really excited about getting rid of another player that has shown more loyalty and heart to make room for a guy that might bolt if he loses ice time.  

Thoughts?

Good thread.

Although I’d love to see Tryamkin return, it would all depend on the understand that Tryamkin and the Canucks reach.    

As of right now, the only guys that Tryamkin would replace is Fantenberg......which would make Tryamkin our 7th dman.     However, if Tryamkin can be convinced that...........

1) Injuries are inevitable and he’d likely slot in sooner than later.

2) He will have plenty of opportunities to secure a top 6 position and get more ice time if he proves himself 

then I think a deal can be worked out.    As good as the Canucks have looked so far, they still need more depth on defense..........and Tryamkin is a guy that wouldn’t look completely out of place on the top 4 if slotted there for a short time period.   

I would definitely sign Tryamkin and there is a definite need for him to be here, but communication and complete understanding is vital obviously.

30 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Excuse me what are you basing this off of? He looked awesome when he was here and hes only improved since then

what are you talking about?

So, you know the observational skills you used to determine that he looked awesome when he was here? I just used mine to determine that he looked less than awesome in my eyes. Never said that he didn’t have some potential and that a fully committed, humble and contrite Tram could still make it work but that I didn’t think this scenario would ever unfold judging by the inglorious manner in which he both arrived and left the last time and the fact that I don’t view him as some folkloric Demi-god. 

To each his own.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, zimmy said:

So, you know the observational skills you used to determine that he looked awesome when he was here? I just used mine to determine that he looked less than awesome in my eyes. Never said that he didn’t have some potential and that a fully committed, humble and contrite Tram could still make it work but that I didn’t think this scenario would ever unfold judging by the inglorious manner in which he both arrived and left the last time and the fact that I don’t view him as some folkloric Demi-god. 

To each his own.

Qualify your  answer and ill qualify mine. He was exciting he had an air about him when he played. Great breakout pass 

and was a threat to score on the point. HE BROKE A MAN BY MEARLY RUNNING INTO HIM! LOL! I watched in person

at the some of the games. Besides his attitude about wanting to play top 4 minutes, which btw people who were actually

watching were agreeing with him!!!, how did he fall short in your eyes Qualify your opinion.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1