The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Kings, October 30, 2019 -- "Don't Lose to a Team Like That!" Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

REFEREES

Chris Lee #28
CL28.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Steve Kozari #40
SK40.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 26 75
Career RS Games 1109 895
First NHL Game 4/2/01 10/15/05
Birthplace St. John, NB Penticton, BC

LINESMEN

Brandon Gawryletz #64
BG64.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Scott Cherrey #50
SC50.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 75 72
Career RS Games 267 829
First NHL Game 10/14/15 10/6/07
Birthplace Trail, BC Drayton, ON
  • Thanks 1

I REALLY REALLY ENJOY KICKING THE @$%# OUT OF THE KINGS.

IT MAKES ME SMILE EVERY TIME AND BRINGS IMENSE JOY TO MY LIFE.

TONIGHT WILL BE NO DIFFRENT

THANKS DREW FOR MORE MOTIVATION .... US CANUCKS WILL NOW PROCEDED TO PUT A MYERS SIZE SKATE STRAIGHT UP YOUR @$$ TONIGHT!

ENJOY!

COURTESY YOUR FREINDLY NEIGHBORHOOD CANUCKS FANS!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

I REALLY REALLY ENJOY KICKING THE @$%# OUT OF THE KINGS.

IT MAKES ME SMILE EVERY TIME AND BRINGS IMENSE JOY TO MY LIFE.

TONIGHT WILL BE NO DIFFRENT

THANKS DREW FOR MORE MOTIVATION .... US CANUCKS WILL NOW PROCEDED TO PUT A MYERS SIZE SKATE STRAIGHT UP YOUR @$$ TONIGHT!

ENJOY!

COURTESY YOUR FREINDLY NEIGHBORHOOD CANUCKS FANS!!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

A win tonight would catapult us ahead of the 3rd place oilers (due to having a game in hand) and put us in a tie with Nashville for 2nd in the West.

Technically Nashville would be ahead of us due to having more regulation or overtime wins (we have 2 wins in the shootout). 

Edit: assuming Arizona and Edmonton lose today 

Edited by DontFockWithBrock

37 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Chris Lee #28
CL28.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Steve Kozari #40
SK40.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 26 75
Career RS Games 1109 895
First NHL Game 4/2/01 10/15/05
Birthplace St. John, NB Penticton, BC

LINESMEN

Brandon Gawryletz #64
BG64.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Scott Cherrey #50
SC50.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 75 72
Career RS Games 267 829
First NHL Game 10/14/15 10/6/07
Birthplace Trail, BC Drayton, ON

scrolled quickly - thought this was a CrimeStoppers ad....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stelar said:

I was pretty brutal on Jake when training camp started and he came in missing some "goals", but he has played really well the past 3-4 games. Amazing what playing with some talent will do for his game.

Hope it keeps up because this team needs depth scoring.

To start the season he just didn't have the jump and conditioning to his game that he needs to at his best.  He's earned a spot with Bo because he's working hard and playing smart.  

lockquote widget

44 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I still believe that he could be fast tracked to the NHL if he got more time in Utica playing a harder "shut down" role taking key faceoffs and PKing. I can see why Gaud would appreciate the paycheque, but IMO he could be learning more by playing rather than just practices and watching games. With that said, surely the team knows more behind the scenes than I do, so perhaps Gaudette being around NHLers is a boost as is to learn the tendencies and training of the top level guys.

I would think it's to keep Gaudette motivated and be fair to him. It seems to most here on CDC that he is definitely the next young player on the verge of making the team. It was different the last couple of years when Utica players were getting rotated in to get some reward while knowing full well they wouldn't see game action. I think they want to keep showing that they are invested in his development.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

I would think it's to keep Gaudette motivated and be fair to him. It seems to most here on CDC that he is definitely the next young player on the verge of making the team. It was different the last couple of years when Utica players were getting rotated in to get some reward while knowing full well they wouldn't see game action. I think they want to keep showing that they are invested in his development.

They could still be invested in his development in Utica, unless you mean financially invested in which case to give him an NHL paycheque. Gaudette might be in the position of what Podkolzin is going through in the KHL. Training with the main club, but getting the minutes in the lower league. Although this is less feasible as what Pod is going through because all of his teams are relatively close to each other. I suspect Gaudette goes down when Roussel is back though and he won't be back up until he gets a significant playing spot rather than be a pressbox guy.

4 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

Let's bring up Gaudette and let him sit in the press box for 7 games again!!! 

Even if we don't dress him, it's still important to let him know he's the first call-up and keep his confidence up. Keeps the player happy.

LE surprised many last game and played a good 4th line role. 

And should there be anyone not playing up to par, they would know Gaud is staring at their stalls. 

Also, I think it's good to have Gaud have more NHL practices. Familiarize himself with the system. 

I think this was a good call-up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1