The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 11/21/2019 5pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

Interesting how we lost badly to Dallas,the conversation in the room put the spolight on coach Green that evening.

Today's firing of Babcock has fuelled even more debate about Green, pretty natural in the world of sports.

Let's see who he ices and uses in situations that will be discussed post game Thursday night.

Popcorn anybody?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Whale Tail said:

Flight within Canada? I was on Westjet a couple years ago and they had hook up for tv channels. Got to watch some hockey on the flight. It was a nice surprise. 

It was not on a flight, but I do remember a time watching the first and second period of Game 6, Round 1 against the Blackhawks in 2011 on the ferry. It was a pretty cool experience with other Canucks fans, hearing loud cheers every time we scored.

• Cheers 4

26 minutes ago, Tomato Pajamas said:

If you thought Willie had a doghouse, wait till you get a load of Babs.

Well you have to do something to motivate players. It's a young team so treating them like children being grounded should be effective. Telling them they played well and it was just a heavy team over there isn't going to get you the results you desire.

Here's to a bounce-back game.  The resilience is there (they pushed back against the Av's and were able to hold on to beat the Predators last time), and I hope they can start Demko and get the same result to prove to themselves and their critics that they're still capable! 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Theoretically speaking, I hope they get blown out again, which I hope will bring the team together and force the coaching staff to adjust.  If not, continue with the kool side and blame it perhaps on the, "RAIN".

milli vanilli fraud GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 6string said:

Interesting how we lost badly to Dallas,the conversation in the room put the spolight on coach Green that evening.

Today's firing of Babcock has fuelled even more debate about Green, pretty natural in the world of sports.

Let's see who he ices and uses in situations that will be discussed post game Thursday night.

Popcorn anybody?

Imagine all those coaches that should've been fired after we beat them with 5+ goals early in the season. We should be nowhere near the discussion of firing Green just yet. No need to overanalyze every decision made, there's a long season ahead and with Green's assistants recently extended (like it or not), the vote of confidence has been given to this coach staff along with Benning's extension as GM.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Have to miss tomorrow's tilt vs the mangy mustard men. The Missus wants to go traipsing about northern Kyoto, visiting temples & shrines.

The poor lass works hard(teaching 40 elementary rugrats/maintaining sanity), but I've negotiated a pit-stop at the donut shop for some Cdn culture, to balance. If they win in Nash, might have to make this a routine :^)

GCG!

• Cheers 2