The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Buffalo Sabres at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Four officials don't call Bo for protocol, the league does. We lose Bo for the remainder of the game, (in hindsight probably the right call) but..how do four officials miss that head shot?

they didn't miss it , they ignored it

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Adversity's our middle name.

Bring it, refs.  That all you've got?

Hopefully Bo will slap a shot that ricochets around the boards and hits you in the butt some day.  Where your brains are safely stored away and brought out only on special occasions. 

I'm sick of horrible officiating but, sadly, gotten used to it.   What the hell were the Sabres whining about?  

It ain't always pretty but the 2 points is all the counts.  If you find a way, good enough.

I thought Jack was lucky not getting a talking to for shooting the puck after the whistle for the penalty. He heard it.

Would like a little more grumpiness from our boys in times like that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

Boeser was fine!!!  he makes mistakes just like everyone on our team!!!!

I think some of his mistakes were to not put his linemates in a bad spot. 

I saw him deflect a pass off of defender's skates while trying to get it thru to EP40. 

I was OK with that mistake because if he tried to aerial or saucer it, EP40 would have been lined up by their D. 

Things like that... I think his mistakes aren't made because he's out of focus. He's trying to do the right thing in that line. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

What say you?

Was that a suspendable or fineable hit on Bo?

I'm leaning to a fine, depending on Montour's history.

I don't even care what happens after the game.  This happens way too often, especially for the Canucks last couple of seasons.  Stecher, Baer, Boeser and now Horvat.  Those sneaky hidden weasel headshots. A fine or even a suspension doesn't help us after the fact, even if that offending player is made more aware of it for his game going forward. It certainly doesn't seem to help the refs much. They keep repeating the same thing over and over.  The Insane Clown Ref Posse

• Cheers 1

What a great game even though refs tried to manage to mess it up. Very happy I got to take my bro to his first game in 6 years. Millers OT winner felt like a petey shot. I hope that headshot to Bo didn’t concuss him. Overall great W and had that Avs game vibe of last year to it.

670615CE-DF5D-4A6C-97BC-B9C57211AB1D.jpeg

• Like 3

been a while since I have witnessed such a crppy performance by the refs.

Nhl needs an eye glass benefit program for their stooges!!! PATHETIC

First time I ever see the refs call for a concussion protocol WTF? was this call from the TO office ?? no penalty on the play???WTF

• Upvote 2