The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Van Vs Vegas @ 5pm PST on SN and SN650

Rate this topic

ItTakesAnArmy

Haven't posted here in years.

Just want to say, they need to fire Travis Green.  We are just getting dominated 5 on 5 every game.

Do what the St Louis Blues did last year with Yeo.  FIRE the coach, and get someone more capable and experienced.  Travis Green is a terrible coach.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

This has nothing to do with coaching, this has to do with talent. So if you guys are going to lay blame perhaps it's Benning that should get fired?  Vegas has better forwards better defensemen, and a better goalie so tell me how this lies on Green? 'The players have quit on Green.'  lol, give your head a shake.  

I hope ownership isn't as blind as the masses here are.  Show me the total cap playing tonight on both sides and tell me how Gallant is a genius coach totally outwitting Green tonight.  Get effin real lol.

Lol. As usual with the coaching white knights, the point cleanly goes right over their head. 

The Canucks have been dominated by teams worse than them, with worse forward group, worse D corps, worse goaltending. Teams playing worse than the Canucks frequently outplaying them. This team CONSISTENTLY OVER A 2 AND A HALF YEAR PERIOD come out and start a game not ready. Nope, not coaching!!! The Canucks this past 6 weeks way more often than not getting &^@#ing dominated by every team regardless of where they are on the competitive spectrum. The Canucks defensive zone cove- Oh wait, sorry, that doesn't &^@#ing exist!! 

I genuinely enjoy the excuse being "oh they're a better team" Oh so were the Sens when they put up 40 shots on us, oh so were the Preds when they put up almost 50 shots on us. So were the Sharks who were on a 6 game losing streak, have sub 900 goaltending. All just better in every facet of the game, right? The Devils have won, what, 11, 12 straight games vs us? Man, the Oilers v2 are just superior in every part!!

Good god. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I just can’t agree with you there. Bo is the heart and soul of this team. Captain material through and through. Let’s not blame him for problems beyond his control. 

I love Horvat on the team as much as any one..

But he's definitely not playing like heart and soul of team.. to be that he needs to throw a hit hear and there.. muck it up in scrums and an odd fight ior two would be nice.. he's gotta be more physical and meaner..

He's got ZERO goals on home ice.. it's Xmas in a week. 35 games into season.. unacceptable..

That's not heart and soul.

He's still young ... he'll become a better leader with time but he's still learning on the job . He's a rookie captain... Hopefully he develops into Linden type of leader soon. Or Steamer... Those two were heart and soul type players on the ice when they played...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Excuses would be blaming it on anything other than the players and coaches. Outside factors like where they’re playing, refs, or schedule is making excuses.

The roster has changed quite a bit over the last 4 seasons. Only constant has been the coaches.

AV was the problem

WD was the problem

Green is the problem...

Sounds an awful lot like it is a rebuilding team and the coach isn't as big of a problem as some on here seem to think... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Plsdontdoit said:

Virt has to go

Virt has to go... hit more if he wants a long and successful NHL career. 

This is a guy that can skate faster than Hansen and weights 30 pounds more, and yet doesn't hit. How sad is this? 

After a 2nd period like this, 3rd period was always feisty. Guys had too much pride to just bow out like this.

• Upvote 1

I feel we are in the same cycle we were in with Willie D 

we don’t do anything differently, we play the same plugs in same positions, same income single mystery systems, same crap special teams yet every night we hope for “better luck”

something needs to change and it needs to be changed now or we waste an entire season. A season where we went out and picked up Miller and a season where we burned an ELC year off several big players contracts 

we don’t have time to waste JB!!! 

Edited by canuck2288

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This GDT is more serious than usual, I will put my sarcasm off to the side.

We’re clearly frustrated as fans.

Just when we think this team is rising out of the basement, we see more than a month of flat uninspired hockey.

I don’t see any signs of improvement as a team right now. They seem to be regressing which is alarming.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, khay said:

Me too. This is like letting the other team have possession on purpose, waiting for a shot on goal or loose puck. The thing is, if the other teams have fast and stronger players, you aren't getting the puck back.

Yup.

No where near enough pressure on the puck and way too much space afforded to those without it.

Setting the D up like a PK at 5v5 is not a winning strategy at all.

• Upvote 1

It's funny how many people aren't accepting the fact that we're not completely out of the rebuild and continue to blame the coach and even the god damn Captain now. 

This team is still a long way from becoming a perennial playoff team. Accept that fact and you'll be able to tolerate these stints of bad play. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

We’re clearly frustrated as fans.

Just when we think this team is rising out of the basement, we see more than a month of flat uninspired hockey.

I don’t see want signs of improvement as a team right now. They seem to be regressing which is alarming.

This team is to good to play like this.

Fire the Coach.

• Upvote 1