The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Justin Bailey, Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

They'll probably put MacEwen in ahead of Bailey,  but i'd really like to see Bailey get some games. I don't think either will actually play though, Schaller will rotate in while these two watch from the press box. On a positive note, these call-ups only had to drive down to Brooklyn from Utica. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

They'll probably put MacEwen in ahead of Bailey,  but i'd really like to see Bailey get some games. I don't think either will actually play though, Schaller will rotate in while these two watch from the press box. On a positive note, these call-ups only had to drive down to Brooklyn from Utica. 

I disagree Ossi. I think they will play Bailey over McEwen as they already have a pretty good idea on Big Mac's projected fit with the team whereas Bailey is more of an unknown as to how he might fit in.

Bailey has the wheels and shooting ability that he might fit in nicely on the 3rd line with Boes. moving back up with Horvat and Pearson. Bailey, Gaudette and Roussel could be a very interesting combo to watch as the line has a mix of everything on it... speed, scoring and play making ability plus irritation factor (Roussel)

With Boesser taking Loui's place on the 2nd line; Loui could fill in on the 4th line with Sutter and either Schaller or McEwen if Beag's is unable to go.

18 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I think likely Schaller goes in.  Trusted NHL vet and also fills a need Mac and Bailry dont really fo is penalty killing.  Losing Motte definitely hurts but Schaller seems more than capable. 

Agreed. If both Motte and Beagle aren’t ready to go then yes let’s dip into the farm. If it’s just one of them  we need some experience on this road trip. 
I trust Schalatov. He’s only out because of numbers. 

15 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Mac is not effective in the nhl its proven hes just not fast enough but i def want to see what we have in bailey 

13 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I hope its opposite.  Bailey deserves a solid opportunity. 

• Cheers 1

Let’s go Canucks!

NYI are a very disciplined team defensively, they wait for the other team to make a mistake or take a high risk chance, then they counter attack.

Canucks need to play a boring uneventful game....even a zero/ zero draw would be good, then win it in OT