The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Justin Bailey, Zack MacEwen

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Dhaliwal just mentioned that Motte is on his way back to Vancouver. :(

When I first watched it, I thought it looked like dislocated shoulder or broken collarbone. Either way, seems like long-term. Each time he has been out this year, the fourth line loses a lot of energy. I hope they try a young guy (Bailey/Mac/other) instead of Schaller. He’s UFA at the end of the year and will be gone, it would be nice to see what other options we might be able to use next year.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Dhaliwal just mentioned that Motte is on his way back to Vancouver. :(

Dang, I had a bad feeling about that Karlsson hit last night.....it seemed like a 'sneaky dirty' elbow to the head.  Or was it just a clean hit where Motter was too low for his own safety?  

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully Green and Benning decided on these two because of their size and willingness to use it.

Is Bailey much of a hitter? The impression I get is he's one of those big guys, but doesn't play overly aggressive.

I imagine one is in the other is out. With Beagle and Motte potentially being out, that's two PK guys. Sutter slots into the middle and neither MacEwen or Bailey PK as far as I know, so Schaller should draw back in. We don't want to revert back to playing Miller and Horvat regular PK time. We slumped when this happened.