The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Thanks. People need to chill and accept we can't win every game. I just laugh. Laugh and ignore.

that's part of the pressure of being in a canadian market! 

i am not expecting the team to win every game, but i want the team to win!! 

they tried. lost. but man, if Ericsson scored on that opportunity, would we have gone to OT and then the shootout? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Miller always looks angry. He always looks like he cares they lose.

That's the kind of player who you win championships with. I think Toffoli brings that as well. Time will tell. Petey does too. We need everyone to care that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

We need to stop the shoot out. I’ve had enough. Points are just too valuable and games are being lost because of a stupid way to end the game. 

All the players need to play hard for a full 60 minutes. This game was better than last but not good enough. 

I’ve said this before;

Canucks at 100% = a top team in NHL.
Canucks at 90% = below average 

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Not sure what some people want out of this game we call hockey.

We used to really lack in scoring...I saw some brutal games where we didn't even get a goal.

Now we have some exciting hockey and even though there are some glaring deficiencies....we're in the race.  Nothing better than hockey as it heads into the spring and we haven't been part of that in the recent past.

Now it has to be pretty?  We're breaking it down ... even wins aren't joyful because Marky stole them for us?  So they shouldn't count?

And when he's off, it's what have you done for us lately?  As in tonight?  

We've gone through Fire:   Gilles, Willie, Green, Benning.  Flavours of the week.

Honestly...it sucks the joy out of it.  I get discussing things and even pointing out weaknesses...but if that's all we get out of it it's questionable.  So many other options and no one needs to subject themselves to the torture.  Pick a new team with a great coach?  Tune out and find another sport?

If it's painful, making it painful for others who just want to cheer on their team is a little pointless.  

I'm glad there are some voices of reason...they're getting to be few and far between.

Go Canucks Go.  I don't care if you slide in sideways....just make the playoffs then see where it leads. Great goaltending...hmmm, seems we have half the battle beat.  I can hardly wait to see how this team continues to develop.  We knew it was a work in progress.....but now we're packing it in?  Because this season hasn't been good "enough"?

Patience isn't abundant around here.  

Sigh.  

I want our team to play systems that help them win for one.  I also want a GM to sign our most important player (Marky) instead of publicly announcing contract talks with that most important player have broken off.  

Happy with the Tofu trade, but not at all happy with the other two points.  

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

We used to really lack in scoring...I saw some brutal games where we didn't even get a goal.

Now we have some exciting hockey and even though there are some glaring deficiencies....we're in the race.  Nothing better than hockey as it heads into the spring and we haven't been part of that in the recent past.

Now it has to be pretty?  We're breaking it down ... even wins aren't joyful because Marky stole them for us?  So they shouldn't count?

We've gone through Fire:   Gilles, Willie, Green, Benning (insert scapegoat here).  Flavours of the week.

Sedins were soft and weak.  Now Bo is too apparently.  

Honestly...it sucks the joy out of it.  I get discussing things and even pointing out weaknesses...but if that's all we get out of it it's questionable.  So many other options and no one needs to subject themselves to the torture.  Pick a new team with a great coach?  Tune out and find another sport?

If it's painful, making it painful for others who just want to cheer on their team is a little pointless.  

I'm glad there are some voices of reason...they're getting to be few and far between.

Go Canucks Go.  I don't care if you slide in sideways....just make the playoffs then see where it leads. Great goaltending...hmmm, seems we have half the battle beat.  I can hardly wait to see how this team continues to develop.  We knew it was a work in progress.....but now we're packing it in?  Because this season hasn't been good "enough"?

Sigh.  

we want to win every game

by at least 5 goals

have a coach who can tick all the boxes

each different fan wishes to see emphasized

when a player disappoints us

he is immediately erased from the team

and replaced by someone better suited to our taste

this is all done

without regard to salary cap issues

contract restrictions

and that most players are property of other teams

i'm sure you can figure out a system to achieve that deb

please report back to us all with complete answers

in your next post in the next 3 minutes

thank you

from all posters on this board

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

We've gone through Fire:   Gilles, Willie, Green, Benning (insert scapegoat here).  Flavours of the week.

Sigh.  

It's true that there isn't a lot of patience. but then again, we are talking about a fan base that's waited (and currently waiting) 50 years for a championship. I'm still hopeful, and look forward to the game on Saturday against the Bruins. Hoping that we find a way to win then. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

before the complainers complain check the magic number thread the OP just updated it 

the Canucks can play 1 game below .500 hockey and still make the playoffs

there really is nothing to worry about

most likely is the Canucks end up in a top 3 position in their division

lol.. how does that work.. you already predicted the other team is going to lose?? if the canucks play 1 game below .500.. that means they'll get max 22 points puts them at 92 points.. so winnipeg and nashville have 0 chance of getting to 90 points?? all the pacific teams have 0 chance of surpassing 92 points?? 

Edited by wai_lai416

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Getting Loui off his wing would be a good start.  Bo really needs a winger who carries the puck.  

Nah dude

He can superman that $&!#.

I agree you gotta get Loui off his wing though. Off the team forever, ideally.

Bo just needs to find that determination he had to make $&!# happen. He's always making the safe play now, and in doing doing so turning into a very boring, uninspiring 2C. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

oh a happier note

go check the eastern standings

laffs are in 10th place, 2 stops below a wild card slot

2 points out and have played an extra game

Hey thanks!  That’s awesome.  Looks like getting into the playoffs back east will take being 13-15 games over .500, or 95 to 97 points.  Leafs might not get to that mark, which would make us missing less painful. 

Hughes was amazing. He has been our most valuable player for a while now.

First line was overall pretty good, thought Petey had a pretty mediocre game by his standards.

Motte was great. I noticed Beagle looked good too even before he scored. 

Everyone else was all pretty blargh. Think Travis needs to shake up the forward lines next game.

I'd try this:

Miller - Petey - Toffoli 

Roussel - Horvat - Gaudette

Pearson - Sutter - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Nah dude

He can superman that $&!#.

I agree you gotta get Loui off his wing though. Off the team forever, ideally.

Bo just needs to find that determination he had to make $&!# happen. He's always making the safe play now, and in doing doing so turning into a very boring, uninspiring 2C. 

Making the safe play is coached. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Sedins were soft and weak.  Now Bo is too apparently.  

Honestly...it sucks the joy out of it.  I get discussing things and even pointing out weaknesses...but if that's all we get out of it it's questionable.  So many other options and no one needs to subject themselves to the torture.  Pick a new team with a great coach?  Tune out and find another sport?  Maybe the A Team?  The Fantastic Four?  I don't know...

Sigh.  

Yup this is exactly what i wrote about one my topic on ,I dont get canucks fans...

most of them think,” ohhh they are doing good they should win the cup.. team sucks when they lose”, like really? 

Edited by WalkWithElias40