The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I hope you guys are aware of this.  The Canucks have been playing bad since the start of February, even the fans thought we don't deserve a guy like Markstrom cause we are so bad.  We beat the Hawks 3-0 on Sedin night, but even that game, they were horrible, they got beaten by the Ducks 5-1 then the Wild, (out played 3 straight games against playoff teams)  destroyed Boston, and since then they are exactly as what their record is indicating.  EXACTLY.  Losing Markstrom is literally showing how awful this team is.  Benning Brings in Toffoli, and Green rather then try to spread the scoring puts him with the Pettersson line rather then help out Horvat and give up some quality players for once.  

Team is a hot mess, management needs to &^@# king go.

You are right.

Now I wonder,  how the hell did we beat Boston 9-3? That game was amazing.

2 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I hope you guys are aware of this.  The Canucks have been playing bad since the start of February, even the fans thought we don't deserve a guy like Markstrom cause we are so bad.  We beat the Hawks 3-0 on Sedin night, but even that game, they were horrible, they got beaten by the Ducks 5-1 then the Wild, (out played 3 straight games against playoff teams)  destroyed Boston, and since then they are exactly as what their record is indicating.  EXACTLY.  Losing Markstrom is literally showing how awful this team is.  Benning Brings in Toffoli, and Green rather then try to spread the scoring puts him with the Pettersson line rather then help out Horvat and give up some quality players for once.  

Team is a hot mess, management needs to &^@# king go.

Management is fine coaching is ridiculous 

we have a soap box derby driver trying to drive a Ferrari 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 180sret said:

I'm sorry guys, but I'm kind of laughing at CDC (Canunks DayCare?). I love this team and am still excited for the future.

I see a team learning that they need to find that second gear ( get out of their comfort zone). Miller is leading the charge. Gotta lose as a good team to learn how to win! 

Regardless, win or lose I find the sun still rises every morning, enjoy the ride!

They should have learned that after the Ottawa game, or the Toronto game, or the CBJ game. Heck I would go even further to the Penguins game where they blow a 6-2(?) lead. They are professional, they played competitive hockey their whole life so they should have known what it takes to up their game at the most crucial time. If they are still learning to do that at the professional stage, the team is in a big big trouble.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked our game again tonight. And some people might not like me saying that, but man, that was a hockey game. Felt like a playoff game. I thought both teams played well. They got two lucky bounces and that's what it came down to. I'd imagine the guys are frustrated. I know as coaches we are. We've played three good hockey games in a row. That's the way hockey goes sometimes. This one will sting for awhile, but that's alright. Unfortunate we didn't win." - Green

Green really needs to look at the possession stats

7 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Yup looked like a mini mite game where the buzzer goes off every 90 seconds for a line change. 6 minutes left you roll 2 lines and give a quick shift to the 3rd line. 

Exactly. Nobody is owed ice time. The way Jake was playing I would take him every second shift just to not see Brandon Sutter. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Hell no, I love what Benning's done with the team.  

Our best players (except for JT and Marky) are 21 and 20 years old.  We are going to make the playoffs this year and get bounced out in the first round.  Next year we're going to become a contender. 
Two years from now we will be a contender with tons of good young players coming in on ELC to push us over the edge.  

The only contracts that I don't like besides Loui are Boeser's and Sutter's. Cap is going up this off-season so we should be fine. 

Lmao what boeser?

how about jay &^@#ingg beagle and roussel. Hell even Myers ..

brock boeser is what you think is a bad one .

Edited by Silky mitts
  • Cheers 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked our game again tonight. And some people might not like me saying that, but man, that was a hockey game. Felt like a playoff game. I thought both teams played well. They got two lucky bounces and that's what it came down to. I'd imagine the guys are frustrated. I know as coaches we are. We've played 3 good hockey games in a row. That's the way hockey goes sometimes. This one will sting for awhile, but that's alright. Unfortunate we didn't win." - Green

I know a lot of people will hate this, but it's true. There's a lot of positives to take from the past three games. In this one, the Coyotes got unbelievably lucky.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Shaodin said:

I’m reminded of the time I wanted to treat my puppy to a nice big smoked femur. But he would just get so excited and p!ss all over the floor. At the time he was having trouble with the house breaking so I couldn’t just reward him with the bone after p!ssing everywhere. So I put him outside, bring him back in  and try to give him the bone again. But again just p!sses all over the place. “I want to give you this bone” I scream. But I can’t. And he can’t stop p!ssing. “How are you not out of p!ss? Surely you want this bone?!” But no. He did not get the bone that night. And I ran out of paper towel. 

This is the weirdest most delightful post I’ve ever read. Also never read the words  “nice big smoked femur” in a row before. Kudos @Shaodin

11 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

If Jim wants to save the season he needs to get rid of Green asap. He has done a good job developing our youth, but now his time is up and we need a more experienced coach for us to take the next step.

That will happen in exactly 30 days from tonight!  (You heard it here first) 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked our game again tonight. And some people might not like me saying that, but man, that was a hockey game. Felt like a playoff game. I thought both teams played well. They got two lucky bounces and that's what it came down to. I'd imagine the guys are frustrated. I know as coaches we are. We've played three good hockey games in a row. That's the way hockey goes sometimes. This one will sting for awhile, but that's alright. Unfortunate we didn't win." - Green

He needs to stop saying this.

A hockey game is 60 minutes. Not 20, not 40, not 52.

If you collapse and can’t hold leads or even ties late in games you didn’t play a good hockey game. You played good for part of a game which isn’t good enough.

He can sugar coat it all he wants but this is a results based business and he ain’t getting them:

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, khay said:

You are right.

Now I wonder,  how the hell did we beat Boston 9-3? That game was amazing.

We used up all our good bounces in one game and it was clearly overkill.

"Just play well... Just play well. Best thing you can do is go out and play your best game. I didn't think we had any passengers. Go up and down our lineup, didn't have any players that weren't good tonight. This is why you gotta play these games at this time of the year. It'll be like this in playoffs, it'll be like this later in the playoffs. Things won't always go your way. Gotta handle it and regroup. Have to have a short memory. I like our follow-up game tonight to Columbus." - Green

• Thanks 1