The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

An abundance of options: Canucks to have fully-healthy roster for play-in series versus Minnesota

Rate this topic

dank.sinatra

Wouldn't play Ferland. At least save it a rd, until a possible PO-spot. If Van doesn't have a long 2020 run in them, it's a chance for this bloke to get(perhaps?) a full calendar yr of rest for his noggin.

JTM - EP - TT

TP - Bo - BB

Roussel - Gaudette - Shotgun Jake

Motte - Beags - BigMac/Sutter

I hope Leivo can get back in full health..great on the boards.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Cheers 1

Miller-Pettersson-Toffoli 

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Ferland-Gaudette-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Sutter

*Put Sutter over Mac and Roussel because of PK. Also if Gaudette is getting killed at centre they can make adjustments mid game and shift Gaud to wing.

If Gaud plays well and doesn't look like he needs to be sheltered we can rotate Roussel and Mac to play physical 

• Upvote 1

Boeser is going to be the wild card of this series. Always comes up big against his home town, I wonder if it's worthwhilr having him on the top line and reuniting Toffoli and Pearson? I think the top line spot is Toffoli's to lose but it's going to be the first swap Green should make if things aren't going well to start.

Our bottom 6 is a mixed bag really and depends on who comes to training camp more amped, physically ready and mentally prepared.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aGENT said:

Ayyup.

I'll also add that I'd prefer to swap Toffoli/Boeser from the OP. As good as Toffoli was with Petey and Millsy, Boeser is an ill fit on the match up Horvat line IMO.

Miller, Pettersson, Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Toffoli

Gaudette, Sutter, Virtanen

Roussel, Beagle, Motte

Leivo to sub in the middle 6 if there's injuries, MacEwan on the 4th.

This would be my ideal line up as well, as long as 1st line don't get over run...

Expect there to be some swapping between BB and Toffoli, but that 2nd line is top notch showdown and counter...

Don't expect to see anyone but Sutter and Beagle at centre on the 2 bottom lines, barring injuries.

Love Gaudette but don't see Green not playing Sutter at centre, if he is injury free...

Add Ferland as sub, if more physicality is needed. If Ferland is fully recovered and up to the task, Green may even have him in for Gaudette or on the 4th line in one of the games for his hitting....

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, spook007 said:

This would be my ideal line up as well, as long as 1st line don't get over run...

Expect there to be some swapping between BB and Toffoli, but that 2nd line is top notch showdown and counter...

Don't expect to see anyone but Sutter and Beagle at centre on the 2 bottom lines, barring injuries.

Love Gaudette but don't see Green not playing Sutter at centre, if he is injury free...

Add Ferland as sub, if more physicality is needed. If Ferland is fully recovered and up to the task, Green may even have him in for Gaudette or on the 4th line in one of the games for his hitting....

Experience always trumps inexperience come playoff time.  I see Sutter, Beagle and Leivo all getting into the lineup ahead of Gaudette.  He and MacEwen will be the top forward subs.  And Motte will be ahead of them if Ferland is ready to get in there and take his place.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

It’s line depth that wins championships.

I’d like to see three scoring lines and a fourth that can take care of the defensive side.

Miller - Pettersson - Virtanen

Leivo/Ferland - Horvat - Boeser

Pearson - Gaudette - Toffoli

Ferland/Motte - Beagle - Sutter

should be our forward lines. Virtanen has shown chemistry with that top line and looks up to Miller. Boeser and Horvat together again. And Pearson reuniting with Toffoli on the third. Wave after wave of attack.

Edited by NorthWestNuck

7 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Are you Trumps son with the answer?

This is not a flu and completely DIFFERENT, how long did the ones you mention last again ?

Don't act like a know it all, to the unknown and you have the answers and ridicule

I don't pretend to know how it will play out, i was suggesting because things in the world have changed, that maybe hockey will itself

People are dying, the world is shut down, all sports have been shut down, people lost their jobs, companies closed for good, How can one argue and joke about that Ibatch?

Sure then how about keeping the fear mongering down a little please.  I get this is frustrating for all (my and you included) - but saying hockey won’t ever be the same?   Fans will come back.   Humanity will endure - at worst this won’t come close to killing the same percentage of people the last four centuries worst diseases did - we do have a lot better tools to deal with them this time.    Or maybe just keep those comments to the off-topic thread that’s already caught up to the Burrows thread after a few long months.   

11 hours ago, canuktravella said:

i hope ferlands ready to rock and roll

our forwards  are scary on paper 

miller petey toffoli

pearson horvat boeser

roussel gaudette virtanen

ferland  beagle macewen

sutter 

edler myers

hughes tanev

benn stecher 

markstrom

demko 

Exactly the lineup I was going to propose.

I think it's the most balanced lineup we can ice this year.

I might swap Roussel and Ferland if Ferland can show he's symptom free. He seems to be one who's honest about how he feels and can be trusted to give an accurate assessment.

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Sure then how about keeping the fear mongering down a little please.  I get this is frustrating for all (my and you included) - but saying hockey won’t ever be the same?   Fans will come back.   Humanity will endure - at worst this won’t come close to killing the same percentage of people the last four centuries worst diseases did - we do have a lot better tools to deal with them this time.    Or maybe just keep those comments to the off-topic thread that’s already caught up to the Burrows thread after a few long months.   

Ibatch, I was keeping the fear mongering? It hasn't been beaten yet, so you decide that me "wondering" if maybe hockey will have changed (if it returns before a cure) is ridiculous and now fear mongering and we should turn aside all discussion and pretend it is cured? Maybe my doctor is fear mongering then? I can still only see him over the phone at the moment .

Me wondering if maybe the game will change from the way it was played, which is nothing new, as hockey has evolved over the years.  (This may have speed up that process) ?, I don't know how it will play out, but was irked when you made lite of my suggestion, tried ridiculing me asking if i was serious or making a joke with my thoughts, I know of someone who died from it that was healthy before this, 2 days after Vegas was sick and 3 weeks later taken off life support

Time to move back to the subject of this thread now, while respecting that this is a discussion board, and really intended for open minded people to hear and share ideas, and our discussion is not what people came on this thread to read, so i will stop here, everyone stay safe and i hope we all enjoy the game we love again

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

I think we should reunite Toffoli and Pearson, and put them on Horvat's wings.

The 70's line, which Toffoli and Pearson made 2/3rds of, was largely responsible for the Kings' cups.
Boeser can play on the first line, like he did for much of the season. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Ibatch, I was keeping the fear mongering? It hasn't been beaten yet, so you decide that me "wondering" if maybe hockey will have changed (if it returns before a cure) is ridiculous and now fear mongering and we should turn aside all discussion and pretend it is cured? Maybe my doctor is fear mongering then? I can still only see him over the phone at the moment .

Me wondering if maybe the game will change from the way it was played, which is nothing new, as hockey has evolved over the years.  (This may have speed up that process) ?, I don't know how it will play out, but was irked when you made lite of my suggestion, tried ridiculing me asking if i was serious or making a joke with my thoughts, I know of someone who died from it that was healthy before this, 2 days after Vegas was sick and 3 weeks later taken off life support

Time to move back to the subject of this thread now, while respecting that this is a discussion board, and really intended for open minded people to hear and share ideas, and our discussion is not what people came on this thread to read, so i will stop here, everyone stay safe and i hope we all enjoy the game we love again

Hey it’s ok.  Sorry if I pushed some buttons - but maybe you pushed mine by making a suggestion that hockey won’t ever be the same because of a virus.  We will get through this - yes we all know some won’t and some will get very sick.   But let’s keep that stuff on the off-topic forum that’s passing Burrows thread in posts and views ok?  This thread is about making your lineup for the proposed game to MIN.  It’s a hockey site right?   It’s been grating on me for a couple of weeks and I sincerely apologize to you or anyone else I may have insulted.  I love hockey - it’s my favourite pass-time and I sure you do too.   So peace bro.  Bury the hatchet we both get byes on this one because yeah - it’s a pandemic and stupid stuff was said.    Hockey should be hockey - it goes without saying covid has affected it.   But from where I’m sitting I find it incredibly annoying how the majority of the topics continue to get wrapped into it.    That’s why we have the off-topic thread and wow is it getting all the attention. 

Edit: BTW I live in a region of ONT that was hit harder then the entire province of BC.  And have family in Montreal.  I don’t feel compelled to share my fears about it on this site or to talk about who’s dying or who’s sick.   Yes it’s scary.   But do the math - the Spanish Flu killed way more percentage of the population then this ever will - even if we all get it.  And humanity kept going and sports didn’t change after that (including hockey). U  And it’s nothing like the black plague which killed 50% of mankind at one point - or the plague in the 1700’s either.    Sure we all know this is serious - and I’d be very sad to lose any of the regular posters on this site as a result.   Could be me in a few months or you.   Or someone else.  Maybe somebody already (where the heck is Alf?).   Peace bro. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 3

I think a lot of people undervalue Tyler Motte. He's like an engine that doesn't stop. And while I'd love to 4 beastly scoring lines we need penalty killers and good defensive zone players. 

This is going to be tough, I'm glad I don't have to make any roster decisions. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ferland has a long way back to playing so my guess is he sits to start. He's only played a handful of games and probably needs a lot more conditioning than some of the others. But if they advance or we need some toughness inserted we'll see him against Minny. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

yeah, they're not playing Gaudette or Mac before Sutter.

ya your dreaming if sutter plays over  gaudette   hes got twice the amount of points  and clearly sutters groin   has slowed his game  possibly on 4th line if that