The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 4th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #2

Rate this topic

Roberts

39 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Torts is just fine with Columbus and racked up a lot of points and wins while with us 

I had zero issue with Torts 

Grreen has had 3 years and has yet to get us into the playoffs. If you are happy that’s sad but your choice 

Gallant as our coach or one of many other real coaches available would be a massive improvement over Green 

So like ten more wins this year?  Hmmmm...yeah nope.   We aren’t there yet amigo. 

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

I'm not totally opposed to that... I guess.

I kinda want Petey to be his own animal though. But just for fun

Petey - Bo - Brock 

Pearson - Miller - Toff

Ferks - Sutty - Virt

Motter - Beags - Loui

Maybe something like that

That honestly looks a bit awesome.  
Moving up Bo leaves a big hole in the 2nd line, but Miller fills that beautiful.  
I dig it.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

WADR i understand and appreciate your feelings. I just disagree. 

We made the playoffs?    When?   
We are in the PLAY IN round, but so is Montreal.........

The games he put on his shoulders and lead the team to victory are few and far between this year.    

I like Bo, and think he has it in him to be a great leader, but he hasn’t proven it yet.  

The one guy I would love to see Bo take after is Jerome Iginla.  
That is a classic heart and soul leader.  

I’ll probably take some flaming for this, but for a captain, I’d take Iginla over Henrik every day of the week.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Moving up Bo leaves a big hole in the 2nd line, but Miller fills that beautiful.  
I dig it.  

Miller is a damn fine centreman afterall. He was wasted at 3C in Tampa.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

I dig it.  

I dig it as well but I would still want Gauds in and Sutty out....

7 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

love JV 18, his play picked up this season. 

Hope he remains a canuck. Today is a big game, if he doesnt play, he is gone this summer

For a player that has consistently improved year after year, it confuses me as to why Green continues to have him in his doghouse. He worked on his defense, controlled his aggression and then started producing offensively. He hits, he can get in the corners and retrieve the puck, has speed and he can score. 

Yet Green still thinks the team is better served with Jake riding the pine, while we watch uninspired , no hitting , no going to the dirty areas play from others. :picard:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Torts is just fine with Columbus and racked up a lot of points and wins while with us 

I had zero issue with Torts 

Grreen has had 3 years and has yet to get us into the playoffs. If you are happy that’s sad but your choice 

Gallant as our coach or one of many other real coaches available would be a massive improvement over Green 

This shows your argument as weak.

Tortorella:  36-35-11 season ... missed the playoffs.  WITH the Sedins and Kesler.  Had them blocking shots...everyone...blocking shots.

Green has a roster that's just been rebuilding and sure, with some dynamite potential superstars who are just setting out.

You cannot speak to "massive improvement" because you don't consider the relationship with the players.  It's critical.  I feel this team respects Green and he allows for growth...as he is with Jake.  Some would have already looked past him.

The players seem to relate to Green.  I liked Torts, but poking Honey Badger in the shoulder and yelling in his ear on the bench is no longer the best way to motivate someone.  Can you imagine what he would have done to Jake already?  I can.

• Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

We made the playoffs?    When?   
We are in the PLAY IN round, but so is Montreal.........

The games he put on his shoulders and lead the team to victory are few and far between this year.    

I like Bo, and think he has it in him to be a great leader, but he hasn’t proven it yet.  

The one guy I would love to see Bo take after is Jerome Iginla.  
That is a classic heart and soul leader.  

I’ll probably take some flaming for this, but for a captain, I’d take Iginla over Henrik every day of the week.  

Iginla is a vastly different player than bo in every way . Much more skilled too.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Eriksson Horvat Boeser

Ferland Sutter Virtanen

Motte Beagle MacEwan

Pearson, Roussel, and Gaudette sit.

After the penalties Pearson took I'm fine with a game out.

I think coach should sit the worst forward and d man from every previous game, with the two aces replacing them every time. Want to play, play well; however the scrubbed players only miss a game so nobody gets bitter.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So

Eriksson Horvat Boeser

Ferland Sutter Virtanen

Motte Beagle MacEwan

really....well why not....they can't do any worse than game 1 

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So

Eriksson Horvat Boeser

Ferland Sutter Virtanen

Motte Beagle MacEwan

Lui had a good camp. He deserved to have a shot. Can PK, ENG, doesn't hurt you defensively.