The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 7th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #4

Rate this topic

Roberts

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

I get that sometimes the refs are unfair, but I honestly feel this series is reffed very fairly. They're just calling more than expected in playoffs on both sides.

Myers knows how tight they are calling games. It's on him as a professional hockey player to adapt. Just like batters in baseball need to adapt to a new strike zone almost everyday

Worst reffing I’ve ever seen. 30 minutes of PP time, calling dive and players can’t even play physical.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MikeBossy said:

We are the better team 5 on 5 - we have to be disciplined and realize they are calling everything.... although I saw a play in our end where the Wild play had his hand around the Canucks waist pinning him to the board - then held him by the leg. How the hell is that not called 200 feet from your own end?

They are not calling everything. The crosscheck to the back of Petey was hard to watch.  What the Wild are doing is clogging up the center of the ice and collapsing as a group down low.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, kilgore said:

If they'd at least be consistent. But you know that by the time the second or third round comes along, Myers roughing penalties will look tame to what refs will let players get away with by that time. But for some reason they are going to call it tight right up until, at least for our series. :mellow:

The refs aren't the issue. We said they were the issue in game 1 when we lost even though the Wild got screwed out of a double minor PP. 

Judging CDC if every game was reffed right the Canucks would be 98-0-0 every year

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

Bo has to unify this group in the locker room.  Someone's due and he has to find out who that is. Follow through,  your due. Hot quick sticks stay out of the box. We'll get the calls if we skate hard to the net.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, The Colt 45s said:

They are not calling everything. The crosscheck to the back of Petey was hard to watch.  What the Wild are doing is clogging up the center of the ice and collapsing as a group down low.

Myers went to the penalty box this series on the exact same play. Very frustrating.