The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 7th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #4

Rate this topic

Roberts

15 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Playoff games are won by special teams and goaltending.

Canucks need to stay focused and stay out of the box.  Canucks PP can be improved by moving the puck quicker and getting pucks to the net with a body infront of the net. 

Agree..and so far that’s been the difference for us...same formula rinsed and repeated and I’m going to go bed happy at 2:00-2:30 am tonight ...

25 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Oddly feel more nervous about this game tonight than game 2. 

It’s called Canuck Luck.   Hasn’t been a good thing in our house for a long time ... that said it’s about time it changed for the better 

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Anyone who thinks he  didn’t should stop their meds immediately 

Well, if the Wilds had won because of Myers penalties I think people here would have said very offensive things about him. 

Now we won and everything is fine.

It seems nothing has changed here. ^_^

37 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Oddly feel more nervous about this game tonight than game 2. 

I hear ya, I just looked at the rest of the Qualifying series remaining and we're down to 4, including the Canucks. Got that feeling in my stomach like I was just cresting the peak of a roller coaster. Sudden panic lol  Not sure why, the Canucks are in a good spot. I'm sure they want to close this out and move on. They have to be the aggressor tonight. Attack! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Hope no delays it’s a 3:45 am start as it is already for me :p

52 minutes ago, IBatch said:

There won’t be many ... shoot-out and all...

Due to Preds vs ARZ game going into OT Oilers game has been delayed15 mins. Ice needs 2 hrs to recover between games..

So minimum 15 min delay for Canucks game already and more if Oilers Hawks game goes into OT

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, if the Wilds had won because of Myers penalties I think people here would have said very offensive things about him. 

Now we won and everything is fine.

It seems nothing has changed here. ^_^

They didn’t.  Good grief for years the CDC was asking for push-back - and we finally have it again ... and now it’s about the what - ifs and the penalties resulting from that.    This is the most entertaining hockey in a long time ...Do people forget what happened in 2011?  We had twice the power plays and could have had a lot more - the refs also didn’t call maybe 15 things Myers did that were technically infractions.   One out of five he was called for - those other four made it awfully hard on MIN.   Nobody in the history of hockey plays that hard and doesn’t get busted.   Pronger he’s not - but he’s certainly playing with the same edge and it’s definitely made an impact.   I suppose your right if we got burned then yes it would have sucked ... but we didn’t. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Due to Preds vs ARZ game going into OT Oilers game has been delayed15 mins. Ice needs 2 hrs to recover between games..

So minimum 15 min delay for Canucks game already and more if Oilers Hawks game goes into IT

The Oilers should definitely go into IT, they've already failed out of hockey.

• Haha 1