The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 7th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #4

Rate this topic

Roberts

24 minutes ago, IBatch said:

They didn’t.  Good grief for years the CDC was asking for push-back - and we finally have it again ... and now it’s about the what - ifs and the penalties resulting from that.    This is the most entertaining hockey in a long time ...Do people forget what happened in 2011?  We had twice the power plays and could have had a lot more - the refs also didn’t call maybe 15 things Myers did that were technically infractions.   One out of five he was called for - those other four made it awfully hard on MIN.   Nobody in the history of hockey plays that hard and doesn’t get busted.   Pronger he’s not - but he’s certainly playing with the same edge and it’s definitely made an impact.   I suppose your right if we got burned then yes it would have sucked ... but we didn’t. 

Well said my friend. Live in the now mentality.. Myers is doing whatever it takes to give his team an edge and will set us up nicely once we finish off the Wild tonight! Unless Edmonton and Chicago go into quadruple OT and we play tomorrow :frantic::towel:let’s just go out and win if there is a loss to discuss then fine but for now just want to enjoy this with true Nuck supporters :gocan:

937CF942-1590-40C6-8EE9-AE6576FE5770.jpeg

Edited by NucksIn50
Spelling
  • Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Due to Preds vs ARZ game going into OT Oilers game has been delayed15 mins. Ice needs 2 hrs to recover between games..

So minimum 15 min delay for Canucks game already and more if Oilers Hawks game goes into OT

Tbh the ice looked terrible in the yotes game, puck bobbeling around, players losing edges, it’s a disaster 

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

my interpretation

18% of the games he reffed went to OT/SO, ranking him 40th among referees

48% of penalties against the home team, ranking him 18th among referees in the regular season

the road team is penalized 8% more of the time. It is not 56/48 as you outline, as there are offsetting penalties included in the 48%

So almost 1 in every 3 games Joannette refereed went to OT or SO?

Looks like it could be a long evening for us tonight then, late start and a 32% probability of overtime 

Edited by Googlie

The number of penalties were ridiculous last game, with 7 for each team. At least it was fair, but the refs need to put their new toys (electronic whistles) away. These are the playoffs! 

I love that the Canucks have pushback. Roussel and Motte, Myers has got that angry look in his eye, Sutter and Eriksson even playing gritty, tough games. MacEwen now in the lineup. I do wish, though, that Jake would just relax and play the game we know he can play. He looks tentative at times, and it's unfair that every time he makes a mistake it's amplified. I would love for him to have a big game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Due to Preds vs ARZ game going into OT Oilers game has been delayed15 mins. Ice needs 2 hrs to recover between games..

So minimum 15 min delay for Canucks game already and more if Oilers Hawks game goes into OT

So we will start at 10pm you mean :D haha

55 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Not thinking too far ahead here, but every team facing elimination so far today has been, well...........

mike tyson boxing GIF

Tyson meme always reminds me of this quote from him: "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Hoping for a knockout of the Wilds at the hands of the best forward, best defenceman, and best goalie in the series.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1