The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 12, 2020 | Canucks lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, oldnews said:

Zack Mac is the perfect complement on that Beagle Motte line imo.   He looked great tonight.

That size, grit and speed added to that top notch shutdown duo - just makes me love watching that line that much more.

He has looked great pretty much ever night he has been in the lineup.  Been saying it for a long time ...he needs to be a mainstay on this team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Score aside we we're the 2nd best team tonight. The Blues turned the switch for sure. My trepidation about playing STL instead of DAL was validated.

The Blues played really well. I thought we had a good 1st half but we weren't quite succinct. We're going to have a tough time if STL is playing like that but I do think we can play a little better than tonight. 

BTW.. That was the Marky we all know and love. What a save at the end!

Dead on my friend. Glad we won but bigger picture thinking has me worried as well at times it looked like the 

Harlem Globetrotters(STL) vs. The Mighty Ducks(the cast of the movie not the actual team), kidding kind of?

Edit: Marky absofrackinglutely won that, in that by keeping the game tight allowed us to have the

confidence to make the plays that we did.

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Keys i noticed in this game 

-nucks know that st louis wouldve watched tape on there powerplay to look for tendancies so tonight having them give st louis a few diff looks was key and will be key moving forward to keep the pp hot

-look for st louis to start Jake Allen in game 2 

-were all gonna start hating perron real quick 

-still undefeated with loui in the lineupimage.gif.693abab73667c9dcd2fb603c96423d63.gif

Onto Game 2

Loui is our king 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

I'm really curious if JD Burke has commented on JT Miller since he doubled down on his comments about it being a bad trade.

Also, to those that wanted to trade Edler, please leave. The guy still remains a beast on our defense.

When they called out some twitter posts during intermission... that was soooooooooo good :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

No time to get to excited........the Blue will come at us even harder next game

This is a 7 game series and the war is won by attrition 

Last man standing...........

Someone mentioned Petterson's head shot and Roussel getting canned....I would hope Benning would send in some game film

But nothing big would happen...a couple of $5000.00 fines....big deal~!

But what it does do is, make those players more accountable next time...........

Sorry, will not cut it, the second time around.

So I hope Benning does it nice and quietly, and says nothing else about it.

These are the playoffs, Baby!

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Truly, his role in our winning against Minny and against the Blues tonight is understated 

He frees up Bo to play more offensively 

And he has VERY good anticipation for intercepting passes, and making defensive plays. All the jokes are understandable I suppose,  but I have actually become a bit of a fan of his in the postseason here.

• Cheers 1