The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Blues game 6. Canucks lead 3-2. 6:45pm!

Rate this topic

You Mad Bro?

13 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Me too. Wanted that Makar matchup so bad. Looks like we will just have to beat St. Louis and Vegas to do it. :)

Neither is good news lol

But the Canucks are about to eliminate the Cup champs whom if I may, cannot use the excuse of being exhausted after months of rest.

Edited by Me_

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Is Kevin Bieksa is an even better HNIC guy than he was a Dman?

He’s excellent in this role. 

The guy makes the show work and could probably prop-up any of these new PC-hipster hockey panels. 

Stewart is also a cool cat and played hockey the right way. The Canucks should have traded for him when he was young; he’d have fit the Kassian role the team sorely lack, back in the day. 

I can't believe Bieksa said that, am I the only one who noticed?? 

Just now, Canucklehead53 said:

This ^^^

this is why we can’t give up on boeser. Imagine if this ever becomes consistent night in and night out

although I think those saying he is no good are also those who are waiting to bash the nucks if blues get a couple goals

Boeser's effort has always been consistent. He's blocking shots, winning battles. 

Its always more noticeable when pucks aren't going in for goal scorers, but it's the nature of the role. No reason to give up on him.

Our bottom 6 is where it all starts with veteran experienced leadership, grit, and scoring wjen needed. They been lights out last 2 games.. defensively responsible.. 

The skilled young stars see the bottom 6 grinding and follow the lead.. 

Look how hard Boeser is working. Heavy on pucks. That's because he's following the lead of guys line Beagle Sutter Rousse etc.. 

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I think Marky is the kind of goaltender that needs to be comfortable in order to do well. He has to have full trust in his team and coaching staff to be successful. He hasn't ever had that until the past few years. 

Travis and Marky have won a lot of games together and in a way made each other's careers right now.  Marky likes a lot of work, likes his D to be basic in front of him like Benn and Fanta play.