The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 23, 2020 | Golden Knights lead series 1-0

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

50 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I agree with all of that. 

I have one irritation though, its that word, *young, being used to soften the landing by those commenting on the team. Maybe it’s just a rant too and I’m due for one, so here it is, sir. 

As for being young, are the Canucks really that young though, like throughout the lineup, are they actually young and inexperienced? I don’t like using it as an excuse. 

I think you can argue yes, but... outside of a few obvious young”er” players, there is a lot of experience there too. A lot. 

I mean to say that, as a generality being thrown around here concerning the ‘youthful Canucks’, I don’t think it’s really the case depending on how you chalk it up. Besides QH and EP, only Brock is eating up prime minutes. The Young core is, what, 3 kids, all over 20? What of the rest then? Are they young?

The D isn’t young, nor the net position, nor is the bottom 6. 

Sure, show us how they are younger than Vegas, but so?

It’s not like they have a bunch of 18 or 19 year-olds, these guys are 20+, with most of the playing Dcore being 30+, with Stetch being a tender 26, Fanta 28 and young QH, 20. - Since when is that a “young” Dcore?

Same with net position. Marky is 30, TD is 24. 

Jake is 24. 
Brock is 23.

AG is 23.

BH is 25.

That is the youth? Meh, I’m splitting hairs because I don’t buy the excuse that this is a young group. A few are, very few to be more accurate. 

Then there are the “foundational”, older players, who play most of the important minutes. 

IMO, the whole *young thing is not going to be used for many more months, let alone years. 

I’d say its more to do with our star players being young. 

if we had put average 4th line players at 20-22 years of age on the Sedin team, not sure folks would have called it a young team. 

Bar a few players isn’t 20-22+ the normal age to enter the NHL?

But yes never really looked at it this way. I think in 2 years we will see an even younger average age team. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RomanP said:

When criticism is repeated over and over again, no matter what the circumstances are, they are done for clear self-gratification. If you reduced the number of your criticism posts, people might start taking you seriously. Instead, in every PGT, you feel like you have to repeat yourself a few dozen times. Typical "cry wolf" situation.

Fair comment 

• Cheers 3

canucks fans are so used to their carriage turning back into a pumpkin that they have no trust.

have some faith folks -- they'll bounce back. I said it before and I'll say it again: these aren't your daddy's canucks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Yeah agreed...I find that trash talking only wakes up the enemy and gives them purpose....it's always better to play between the whistles and beat them with speed and skill.

I agree. A great example was Clark Gilles of the Islanders. Let the sleeping giant sleep. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, viking mama said:

Not impressed that the Canucks‘ day off was a moving day.  I presume the Knights were already comfortably installed. New opponents, new surroundings, they could have used an  extra day.

Thanks, NHL. Don’t start doing this team any favours, now... wouldn’t know what to do, if they actually got one.  

They are pro athletes. Pretty sure they didnt have to lift a finger.

Get up, head downstairs, eat breakfast, walk to the rink and then come to your new pristine room at the JW. 

Tough life hey? Lol

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

They are pro athletes. Pretty sure they didnt have to lift a finger.

Get up, head downstairs, eat breakfast, walk to the rink and then come to your new pristine room at the JW. 

Tough life hey? Lol

They had to roll suitcases across and carry a backpack, that must be it !

Although they did look sloppy and tired last game I doubt that is the reason. Vegas just had 4x as much time off and were fresh as could be.

9 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Although they did look sloppy and tired last game I doubt that is the reason. Vegas just had 4x as much time off and were fresh as could be.

Not to mention the extra time Vegas coaching staff had to review tape and study the Canucks. Vegas was prepared. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

26 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not to mention the extra time Vegas coaching staff had to review tape and study the Canucks. Vegas was prepared. 

I’d like to think there was an ‘outside reason’ to last night but honestly I think we just got owned.  Vegas is definitely better than I’ve given them credit for hopefully it was a one off but.....

2 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I’d like to think there was an ‘outside reason’ to last night but honestly I think we just got owned.  Vegas is definitely better than I’ve given them credit for hopefully it was a one off but.....

Good news is, only around 28 more hours until we get to see the boys battle again and hopefully get a better result :towel:  GCG !

• Vintage 2

17 hours ago, Darius said:

It’s like he doesn’t know that everyone knows he doesn’t like the coach.

coach might not be perfect but here we are with a bunch of playoff rookies and half a d core of # 6and 7 d men in the second round after knocking off the defending champs.  Coaching sure sucks.

While true you still can't discredit him. Every adjustment Green made that he posted and said he should make HAS led to the team playing better. 

Being angry at the incompetence of having Louie be in the top 6 isn't unreasonable or crazy. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

The league need to look into Meire’s actions yesterday

- after Roussel was slashed by Lehner he ignored Lehner and skates over to Roussel and lectured him. No slash penalty on Lehner

- no lecture was given to Reaves for his chicken cries 

- He was caught on camera joking and Laughing with Reaves at the Vegas bench at a time when Reaves and Roussel ere clearly in a combative situation

- several times Roussel was punched and face rubbed after the whistle with no penalty

to me this is very unprofessional and biased behaviour for what is supposed to be a professional and unbiased position 

the Knights are the league's darlings. they want them to be successful and keep the bandwagon 'fans' they have in Vegas tuned in. 

I knew we would get screwed as soon as Edler got a weak "crosscheck" penalty on a guy who was gonna play the puck.

meanwhile, Brock gets hooked or a stick on his hands in his breakaway chance in the 1st and no call.

the refs know we have a lethal PP, 3rd best in the league i think, so of course they neutralize it by not calling any penalties thus giving guys like Reaves an impact on the game cause he can run around and joke with the refs. 

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

The league need to look into Meire’s actions yesterday

- after Roussel was slashed by Lehner he ignored Lehner and skates over to Roussel and lectured him. No slash penalty on Lehner

- no lecture was given to Reaves for his chicken cries 

- He was caught on camera joking and Laughing with Reaves at the Vegas bench at a time when Reaves and Roussel ere clearly in a combative situation

- several times Roussel was punched and face rubbed after the whistle with no penalty

to me this is very unprofessional and biased behaviour for what is supposed to be a professional and unbiased position 

1360934919_PunkFiction.png.9bc98325baba9df4e3ebcfc4b96a9507.png

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, aznmonk said:

Don't know what your smoking but I want some !!!!  ranked no 2 in nhl standing with 42 wins all season long unless they are paying to be there. it ain't no fluke I guess Boston paid off the reffs as well to be ranked no 1.  This nhl is all rigged up.  I guess las vegas outbid everyone to win the Stanley this year... 

C’mon. Beyond saying Fire Green, over and over and over again, the poster is demonstrably clueless about the sport.

Otherwise he seems like an okay bloke. :)

• Haha 1