The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which team's colors would you change and to what?

Rate this topic

Rubik

So I was just watching the Marlins game and it occoured to me how Florida/Miami teams tend to use really bright, 80s neon-ish colors. I'd like to see the Panthers change to sth similar to what the Marlins, Dolphins have. NHL teams don't really use these "outlandish" colors, aside from San Jose ofc. What do you think?

dd.JPG

dedd.JPG

ds.jpg

Edited by Rubik

Interesting question.

I'm not digging the single color jerseys that the Leafs are wearing (blue sweater with white leaf) and even the Red Wings' red from head to toe look (classic I know) could use a change with a bit more color.  I like the white with red sleeves jersey though.  The Kings' black jerseys could also look a little bland compared to the grey jerseys with black shoulders.  Think I just don't like singular color schemes.

That being said, the Avs' blue and maroon also seems like an odd combo.  I like the maroon and white though.

In comparison I have a hard time finding an NBA jersey color scheme from among the ones below that I don't like (maybe the Jazz logo could lose the tinge of green?  Also the Jazz could change their gradient orange jerseys and the Wizards could simplify theirs to have fewer stripes, but overall the colors just seem to work well together)   

Ranking Every NBA Team's Uniform from WORST to FIRST - YouTube

Edited by Phil_314

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Interesting question.

I'm not digging the single color jerseys that the Leafs are wearing (blue sweater with white leaf) and even the Red Wings' red from head to toe look (classic I know) could use a change with a bit more color.  I like the white with red sleeves jersey though.  The Kings' black jerseys could also look a little bland compared to the grey jerseys with black shoulders.  Think I just don't like singular color schemes.

That being said, the Avs' blue and maroon also seems like an odd combo.  I like the maroon and white though.

In comparison I have a hard time finding an NBA jersey color scheme from among the ones below that I don't like (maybe the Jazz logo could lose the tinge of green?  Also the Jazz could change their gradient orange jerseys and the Wizards could simplify theirs to have fewer stripes, but overall the colors just seem to work well together)   

The Jazz one looks blue there, the purple looks so much better

image.png.29301d839861b6454b1596448ebcc28c.png

Nothing beats these though

image.thumb.png.26a3ef5fc5edc308952d97e3cf8f455b.png

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Interesting question.

My favourite is the Blazers because it looks like the jersey is really happy :P 

20 hours ago, Rubik said:

So I was just watching the Marlins game and it occoured to me how Florida/Miami teams tend to use really bright, 80s neon-ish colors. I'd like to see the Panthers change to sth similar to what the Marlins, Dolphins have. NHL teams don't really use these "outlandish" colors, aside from San Jose ofc. What do you think?

dd.JPG

dedd.JPG

ds.jpg

Flames and Leafs to yellow and brown so that it more accurately reflects their urine soaked poo culture.

Edited by DarkIndianRises

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, gizmo2337 said:

Lately, there's been too many bland colors. I'd send the LA Kings back to the purple and yellow.
nhl_g_dionne1x_1296x729.jpg&w=267

On 9/21/2020 at 5:46 PM, BoKnows said:

People would just say they’re ripping off the Lakers

The Lakers changed their double blue and white to the purple and yellow the exact same year the Kings joined the NHL. The Kings were being original. However, in '88, the Kings did rip off the LA Raiders with the black and silver.

Purple and yellow-gold are the Kings' true colours, Lakers or no Lakers.

• Cheers 1

One thing I like is when a major team has chosen a colour combination, and other major league teams come in and adopt a similar colour choice.  It is a way of stamping a team as coming from that region.

Seattle has used green (Emerald City) well in its uniforms in the Sonics, Sounders, and Seahawks and in their minor league hockey team Thunderbirds. But the Mariners didn't go there, and the Kraken are way off that scheme. 

Calgary uses red as a major colour in both the Flames and the Stampeders. 

Argos and Leafs using dark blue

Pittsburgh features yellow for the Penguins, the Steelers, and the Pirates too!

We even had it here kind of with the Lions and Canucks using orange at one time. Although I'm glad the Canucks went to the blue and green.

I could probably find a lot more examples.

I just think its cool to claim one colour or two together, for each cities teams. One can still get creative within that (Seahawks using florescent green accents) but keep it in the general sphere.

• Cheers 1