Baertschi Gaudette Macewan

Motte Beagle Roussel 

Sutter Eriksson 

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Edler Myers

Oj Cernak 

Benn Rafferty 

Maybe Hoglander makes the team?

Maybe Tryamkin and Podkolzin come over for the playoff run?

Oh, did they get rid of the salary cap?

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Wow. JIM not looking good more and more  

Barrie at 3.75 one year and missed out on stetcher at 1 75 for 2? What the hell is going on here?

Pretty sure Barrie game plan is to play pp1 with mcdavid and leon rack up points then cash out somewhere. Hughes is the main guy here , wouldn't be the same benefactor here.

You can’t tell me that we couldn’t have signed him to 1.7. This is purely on principal that our free agents are pissed that management chose to focus on OEL rather then the players who bled for this team and now we have nothing to show for it. I am usually a supporter of Benning and his plan. But this off season he didn’t have his priorities in place. It’s a long off season and plenty of time before the puck drops again. That said I am not convinced we have a proper right side on D. Love Stetcher and the heart he has, thanks for being such a warrior for the team for the last 4-5 seasons.

28 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi Gaudette Macewan

Motte Beagle Roussel 

Sutter Eriksson 

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Edler Myers

Oj Cernak 

Benn Rafferty 

Maybe Hoglander makes the team?

Maybe Tryamkin and Podkolzin come over for the playoff run?

Did Bettman relent and let us have a $90 million plus salary cap?  Really nice of him!!!

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Clearly the team didn’t see either player in their plans going forward. The defense is undergoing some serious changes and will hopefully be one that has a lot more size once the season starts. 

Don't agree with JD often,  but this sums it up 4 me

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Don't agree with JD often,  but this sums it up 4 me

Don’t agree with that at all.

They didn’t choose Jake over Troy. They haven’t even signed Jake yet. He may still be traded for all we know.

And there are still good D men available on the open market that are probably getting desperate. Not to mention teams that need to dump cap.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Oh, did they get rid of the salary cap?

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Did Bettman relent and let us have a $90 million plus salary cap?  Really nice of him!!!

Don't ruin my fantasy! :frantic::emot-parrot:

Just for that, you get none of my hickory smoked turkey wrapped in bacon and slow cooked!

20201010_125141.jpg

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

1.7M per season is a fair deal. JB has to be working on a bigger fish and needs every dollar of cap space. There is no other explanation. Given how Vegas is courting AP, it definitely isn’t free agency.  Perhaps a trade of some sort?

There are those OEL rumors but doesn't Vancouver need a D-man from the other side? So it's head scratching Vancouver couldn't sign him for this the amount her got with Detroit 

Edited by iinatcc

15 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

thats such a bad comparison, no they did not choose Jake over Stech. This is why I can't take Burke seriously. 

Well in terms of which RFA to value, they sure did.

I think we are a better team with Leivo at $1.25 million over Virtanen at $3 million... than we are with Chatfield over Stecher at $1.7 million.

I said before al this went down, that I would rather offer Stecher term on a low AAV deal than qualify Virtanen at what will cost us around $3 million.  I would have tried to move Virtanen with a small cap dump like Baertschi.  Virtanen’s $3 million plus Baertschi’s $2.4 million equals a solid top 4 RD

17 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Funny how this take is a combination by Harman, obviously for clicks. I don’t remember people here complaining about Stecher not being able to defend. In fact, most felt he did an admirable job and loved his tenacity. Troy is small though and would get overwhelmed by larger forwards quite commonly. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Funny how this take is a combination by Harman, obviously for clicks. I don’t remember people here complaining about Stecher not being able to defend. In fact, most felt he did an admirable job and loved his tenacity. Troy is small though and would get overwhelmed by larger forwards quite commonly. 

Those numbers include him playing primarily against the large forwards in the West so it is not like he was ineffective at all.  That price is a depth #7 value for a guy that would probably play 18 minutes a night with us paired with Edler and getting the toughest assignments.

You can’t compare him against some mythical gigantic, defensively responsible RD who we have signed for $1.7 million per year.  Benning also didn’t want to sign that guy for a 1 year contract either, so he is playing in the KHL right now.

Right now it is Stecher at $1.7 million compared with Chatfield.  

Edited by Provost