Svechkov

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Lets play a game. Pick one....

1 Clarke or Hughes?

2 Guenther or Johnson?

3 Beniers or Eklund? 

4 Lysell or Lucius?

5 Svechkov or Raty

1. Clarke (need good RD prospects more than brother chemistry)

2. Pass (honestly not sold on either, if I had to pick then leaning Guenther)

3. Berniers

4. Lysell

5. Svechkov

Logan Stankoven looks like another Hoglander.

At 5'8" and 170lb. He is short but built heavy. 

He started the year on fire but then it was over. There could be some real gems hiding this year.

11 hours ago, hammertime said:

Lets play a game. Pick one....

1 Clarke or Hughes?

2 Guenther or Johnson?

3 Beniers or Eklund? 

4 Lysell or Lucius?

5 Svechkov or Raty

Clarke

Guenther

Eklund

Oooh, Lysell but close

Svechkov

Plus one game sir

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Having a Top 3 pick would be a difficult decision. Choosing between Beniers and Eklund?  Or Power vs Clarke?  This one pick could change the direction of one's team, either good or great, or in the case of Jake at #6 - bad.  

VAN is in a great spot at #9, a gem will fall

Looking 5 years into the future - the Top 5?

1. Clarke

2. Eklund

3. Lysell

4. Wallstedt

5. Power

Edited by NUCKER67

Well the fantasy league has inspired me to redouble my scouting efforts the past week or so. I'd made at least a couple major mistakes in my last rankings. One was Chaz Lucius. I'd had him in my top ten since U17s. With him not playing most of the year and then a couple spotty performances in the shift-by-shifts once he came back, I dropped him to 15. Went back and watched a couple 5NU17 games, and kid is superbeast. No way he shouldn't be top ten in this draft.

The other one was Aleksi Heimosalmi, looks like I jumped the gun a bit with just a couple viewings. On closer inspection, yes there are flashes where he looks like a superstar, but also lots of little mistakes and flaws. The biggest thing is his lack of first step power. It's not a problem per se, but given the type of game he plays, it is going to be crucial to him. Saw a couple of occasions where he had the puck behind his own net and a forechecker chased him and Heimosalmi just wasn't able to make an effective escape due to that lack of escape velocity.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Clarke getting skewered a bit on the scouching report.  Great in the ozone, but a big liability in his own end............the Nucks have too many of those already

Could Ceulemans end up the better all round d man over Clarke?  Unless he has the puck and attacking (especially in the O Zone) Clarke appears very easy to play against.  Whereas Ceulemans, who is similar offensively, has a nastiness to his play without the puck.  

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Clarke getting skewered a bit on the scouching report.  Great in the ozone, but a big liability in his own end............the Nucks have too many of those already

Well for one thing, I hope you don't base your entire assessment on what Scouch thinks. Also, your interpretation of what Scouch says is oversimplified. I would recommend people watch the video themselves.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Well for one thing, I hope you don't base your entire assessment on what Scouch thinks. Also, your interpretation of what Scouch says is oversimplified. I would recommend people watch the video themselves.

Don't worry about Clarke, he'll be gone before we get a sniff

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Don't worry about Clarke, he'll be gone before we get a sniff

I’ve seen two mocks where he wasn’t so you never know.

all it takes are teams to like 1 player above him.

power

hughes

edvinsson

eklund

beniers

mctavish

johnson

guenther

wild card wallstedt 

if 8 of the above 9 go before Clarke we laughing!

Not to mention a team could be very high on a lysell/lucius/sillinger it is possible too.

i know Clarke at 9 isn’t likely but it’s very much possible.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Could Ceulemans end up the better all round d man over Clarke?  Unless he has the puck and attacking (especially in the O Zone) Clarke appears very easy to play against.  Whereas Ceulemans, who is similar offensively, has a nastiness to his play without the puck.  

Well when playing against top ranked peers in u18 he did not look easy to play against imo. Whereas Edvinsson looked lost at times

15 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Well when playing against top ranked peers in u18 he did not look easy to play against imo. Whereas Edvinsson looked lost at times

Oh yes, Edvinson appears to be one of those sack of hammers for a brain guys.  But Clarke dose struggle with his skating and is easy to play against.  This draft is full of guys with multiple (or one that’s very big) red flags.