The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights sign Alex Pietrangelo

Just now, Dave K said:

Another bullet dodged.  Blows my mind how people want to play for a franchise that shows no loyalty to players that sign with them. 

Right!? What about the guy they gotta boot out the door. I’m sure it works great for their dressing room. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Ah I see. Well, dont plan on much from us. U have to have players to trade .lol 

We’ll talk come puck drop. I’m fairly optimistic something will happen here. Glad we haven’t takin on any big contracts. Also sad some of the players have moved on. It’s best for now but if a trade for a top 4 can happen that changes everything 

Edited by Devron44
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Here's the chance for other GMs to hold Vegas over the barrel.  DO NOT let them shed cap cheaply.

That being said, I know some GM somewhere will cave and Vegas will make away like bandits.

Yeah that’s the problem. Unless it’s only a couple GM’s. I’m sure there’s a lot of them salivating over the idea 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Hopefully this looks like the Seabrook contract in a couple years without the cups.

Vegas now has to deal with the hockey gods.  Hope Demko is like OTT used to be to the best TO regular season team ever, which just happens to be the Sundin teams.   As in Vancouver is their kryptonite and they just can’t beat us ha ha.    8.8 would be like 9.5 in St Louis ... 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Whats the latest word on Try?  

He signed a one year deal in the KHL when the lockdown happened (smart decision).  I believe that their season finishes in March, but I'm not 100% on if he's eligible to join us after.  

Of course NHL season is far from guaranteed.  Slated to start in January but a delay would not surprise me at all. 

There isn't a team in the league who will take on MAF's contract.  Even Ottawa and Detroit have gotten their goalies.  Vegas will have to trade some players they would rather keep.  Let's see how this plays out.  It's one thing to get Pietrangelo for free, however how much is he going to cost in the end in order for Vegas to move out other assets in order to become cap compliant?

27 minutes ago, Millerdraft said:

And there it is.  Canucks in tough to even make the playoffs at this point.  Calgary, Edmonton and Vegas all improved while we have some gargantuan holes in our lineup at the moment.

Wait. Don’t you hear the dominos falling?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Here's the chance for other GMs to hold Vegas over the barrel.  DO NOT let them shed cap cheaply.

That being said, I know some GM somewhere will cave and Vegas will make away like bandits.

WNP maybe will take the next biggest cap nuisance off their hands for a first next time ... still can’t believe they didn’t get a first or second back in that trade what a terrible idea helping out a divisional rival like that 

10 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

We’ll talk come puck drop. I’m fairly optimistic something will happen here. Glad we haven’t takin on any big contracts. Also sad some of the players have moved on. It’s best for now but if a trade for a top 4 can happen that changes everything 

Who do they replace Toffoli with??? Hoffman? Jim is not looking good right now at all. No buyouts,  no trades , lost almost all his free agents to good value contracts......I'm not optimistic at all after seeing the Toffoli deal personally. All those guys leaving for good deals says something is definitely not right here.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 1