The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev's "A"

Rate this topic

Cat Man

6 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Miller, Myers or Beagle are all candidates with Miller leading the way imo. Petey probably gets Sutter's A after next year. I can see Schmidt getting an A down the road, by all accounts he seems like a glue guy in the locker room, just like Miller.

I'd agree with this.

I expect Miller to get Tanev's 'A' right now, and Petey to probably get Sutter's once he's gone next year. I think the team tries to re-sign Edler again, but if he leaves, then it'll probably be Myers, Schmidt, or Boeser to get the final 'A'.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'd agree with this.

I expect Miller to get Tanev's 'A' right now, and Petey to probably get Sutter's once he's gone next year. I think the team tries to re-sign Edler again, but if he leaves, then it'll probably be Myers, Schmidt, or Boeser to get the final 'A'.

Yeah definitely I think they'll just keep rotating like they've been doing for the past few years so we'll have 4 players wearing the A.

3 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Yeah definitely I think they'll just keep rotating like they've been doing for the past few years so we'll have 4 players wearing the A.

Well we had four 'A's two years ago, but this past year I believe it was only three--Sutter, Edler, and Tanev, with Horvat as the captain. I'm not sure any team has a leadership team as large as five, but then, years ago, even three alternates with a Captain was rare.

That said, they might do some sort of rotation still with two at home and two on the road, even with Horvat as captain.

I think 2 player will share the "A"  Miller Home  and  Myers, away..

Edler -Home--- ( Sutter, Pettersson, Schmidt  share away "A") okay to have 3 guys share the one "A" more leaders

I think Pettersson  will wear a "A" soon enough...

I hope we can sign Edler to 1 year contract like Chara does with Boston?????

Chara signs for 2 million....Imagine Edler signing for 2 million,  sure would help with cap next summer...

Edited by wildcam

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Well we had four 'A's two years ago, but this past year I believe it was only three--Sutter, Edler, and Tanev, with Horvat as the captain. I'm not sure any team has a leadership team as large as five, but then, years ago, even three alternates with a Captain was rare.

That said, they might do some sort of rotation still with two at home and two on the road, even with Horvat as captain.

I could have sworn I've seen Beagle don an "A" at some points this past season but it might have been for games that had one of those guys sitting out. I might've imagined it as well :lol:

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'd agree with this.

Agree with this but the Boeser part, I don't see him as an outspoken leader. Schmidt and Miller seem like good choices though 

4 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

From a character and captaincy experience perspective, I think a serious dark horse is Boeser.  Apparently his community work and image are good (took that Make a Wish girl to prom), he took Pete under his wing in his first season, not to mention he's one of the core guys and showed his commitment by taking a pay cut given his bridge deal. 

He's hardworking and also busts his @$$ off (reminds me of Naslund in that sense, going quietly about his business) despite being criticized for a "down year" and was captain for his U-17 bronze team (only he and Bo have had any prior captaincy experience on the team apparently). 

If anything's going to light a fire (meaning this in only a positive way) under our former golden boy, I think Brock should at least be in consideration for the "A" to recognize what he's meant to the team.

Totally agree and is my first choice to get it. I'd be fine with Miller getting it too.

42 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Agree with this but the Boeser part, I don't see him as an outspoken leader. Schmidt and Miller seem like good choices though 

Boeser strikes me as a "Naslund"-type leader. A leader by example. We've seen a lot of maturity from him already given his age. If Schmidt has a successful time here though, I think he could be similar to Miller and become an alternate as well.

• Cheers 1

Weird, it feels like summer with these almost-irrelevant topics...

No hockey in November...

Board almost dead...

Ok, ok, the "A":

Miller.

But basically moving it around amongst the proven leaders and the new core this season (not the playoffs) as a learning experience.

Our team is so 'new' and Covid still not under control, we could use all this weirdness to try new, different, and better things.

(No "C" for prima donna goalies though please.)

Still can't get over this long drag in the middle of what would be hockey season where sfa is goin' on.

What letter?  Who should wear it?  What jersey?  Who was the best old fart?  Sheesh!

Drop the flappin' puck already!

(But also, big ups to the NHL et al for putting on the playoffs and awarding the 2020 Cup.)

• Cheers 1