The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yes, but they don’t trust the aid from the U.S.

Let them get the supplies from whichever country they want.

Also Trump tweeted the other day that Iran was preparing attack on U.S military in Iraq.

Do the sanctions prevent other countries from offering humanitarian type aid ? 

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

I would have to look into that but I think they do.

I find it odd how the US is offering aid, yet receiving aid themselves. Obviously it is different type of equipment/supplies but makes one wonder what sorts of things they were offering to Iran that they have to spare. 

I wouldn't think that US sanctions would stop Russia from sending Iran aid or medical supplies if they desired to do so

In another remarkable sign of the times, Russia on Wednesday delivered a planeload of medical equipment to the U.S. intended to aid the American government’s management of the outbreak.

6 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

https://globalnews.ca/video/6766400/man-busted-for-selling-masks-in-richmond?fbclid=IwAR3ZCc8P9wewKApuGwTtfnJqeyHNq1D5F1SmZb7etwROsBEB-LmMf24GS-Q

Scum of the earth...sure, "selling at cost to his friends" in a mall parking lot.  Has the gall to argue his case. Should be able to confiscate his car too in my view.  And Revenue Canada should follow up as well to see how much he's reported in earnings.

In a time of crisis when people prey on the vulnerable and interrupt supply chains that could be used by professionals at risk trying to help others, I have zero tolerance for these lowlifes. 

The masks should all be donated to hospitals.  Good work, bylaw officer!

I worked with that man, he's a good fellow. Used to be VPD wayyyyyyyyy back in the day but he decided it wasn't for him.

• Like 1

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-president-coronavirus-lockdown-shoot-people-dead/

People don't like Trump (I am neutral on him as a politician, I think he is a despicable human), but this man is without a doubt the worst leader of a democratic leader on earth. This is unacceptable behaviour for an elected official. What a despicable man.

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

The bylaw officer?

He did a great job....

Yup, can't recall his name (not that I'd give it out anyway) but it was a few years ago that we worked together. The guy takes the job very seriously, but was a pleasure to work with as a colleague, very joyous man.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-president-coronavirus-lockdown-shoot-people-dead/

People don't like Trump (I am neutral on him as a politician, I think he is a despicable human), but this man is without a doubt the worst leader of a democratic leader on earth. This is unacceptable behaviour for an elected official. What a despicable man.

Well TRUMP praised the guy.  Birds of a feather. 

Politico link

Trump praises Duterte for 'unbelievable job' cracking down on dr

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Well TRUMP praised the guy.  Birds of a feather. 

Politico link

Trump praises Duterte for 'unbelievable job' cracking down on dr

I can’t take Duterte seriously even when he says the military has his permission to shoot and kill. 

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Brian Kemp, the Governor of Georgia, is giving Bone Spurs a run for his money in the "clueless about corona" department:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/fact-check-georgia-gov-brian-kemp-coronavirus-no-symptoms-stay-at-home/index.html

:picard:

Hey Georgia: I bet Stacy Abrams is looking pretty good right now, amirite?

It could get ugly with a 2nd wave following the packed church congregations for Easter in the Deep South.  I mean REAL ugly.

Not much you can do if people refuse to listen to reason.

:(

• Cheers 1

New Cases:  55

Total 1,121

525 VCH

386 FH

72 VI

121 Int

17 Northern

Inmate tested positive at Okanagan Correctional Centre (new community outbreak)

148 being treated in hospital (up by 7)

68 in ICU (up by 1)

6 additional deaths!

31 deceased now 

641 fully recovered

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dick Long said:

The death count is regrettable, but the new infections numbers seem promising to me.  I have faith in BC to kick this horrible virus to the curb.  But it depends on all of us

Very true, Dick. No time for people to loosen up on social distancing. Time to keep it up and stay hard on distancing. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dick Long said:

The death count is regrettable, but the new infections numbers seem promising to me.  I have faith in BC to kick this horrible virus to the curb.  But it depends on all of us

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Very true, Dick. No time for people to loosen up on social distancing. Time to keep it up and stay hard on distancing. 

My fear is that we do a good job of keeping things in check...then borders and travel open up a bit and it goes south.  Literally.

The efforts really do pay off but it's a more the merrier thing.  We can all buckle down for a month or so and really make a dent in this or have some floundering around, extending the timeline.

I wish we could just slap people with a stick who aren't obeying the guidelines.  I also worry that the numbers aren't realistic and that people who aren't being tested have it (but aren't sure so may not be as committed to the process).

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2