The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Just as predicted... -

NEARLY HALF of #BCCOVID deaths have occurred in the last THREE weeks (46.3%). -

Over ONE-THIRD of all cases EVER reported in BC were in the last 21 DAYS. -

The virus arrived in Canada 325 days ago.

That’s scary and depressing. Stay safe all.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, argar11 said:

Got tested positive last Sunday but symptoms started showing up Saturday Night. Been getting muscle aches, lack of taste & smell, dry coughing.

But, its the fever that keeps popping up everyday that i'm having difficulty with. Mornings i'll feel ok but when it hits the late afternoon i'd get chills & fever

Right now i'm upset at my father because he didn't disclose to me & my mother that he got sick. Only when my mother started showing symptoms that he got forced to do the test so all 3 of us tested positive. Now he's back to normal & working while me & my mom are struggling

This ain't like a flu that's for sure

That’s the problem. People aren’t telling others if they get sick or continue to spread it even when they’re sick. 

Contact tracing has been difficult as a result of selfish behaviour. 

Hope you and your mum get better soon without any lasting issues. 

All my best to you and your mum. 

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Quite comical to see Horgan  the most anti mask Premier in Canada.... talk about Fines for  rule breakers....

Horgan refuses to make masks mandatory for 9 months.....  NOW he all about  covids rules...  

Can't decide if he is lock down or open everything up... So our government has no consistency...

Yet Bars  and Restaurants are still open.... ?   Are they both Essential ? really. ? 

https://theprovince.com/news/local-news/covid-19-b-c-premier-horgan-vows-to-get-tougher-on-rule-breakers/wcm/d8f228e1-a17c-4a9e-96b8-bfb0c0028e00

Masks were mandated in many sectors. 

It’s kinda comical that you hear about stringent enforcement around provincial guidelines and criticize. 

I think that even if the province mandated masks everywhere for everyone you’d still criticize the provincial government. 

You seem to simply need a punching bag. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

California orders thousands of extra body bags, record coronavirus cases has left LA with less than 100 ICU beds

Wed 16 Dec 2020 02:54:33 GMT

100 ICU beds left in a country with a population on 10 million.

• Nearby Ventura and Riverside counties are operating with 99 and 100% of ICU capacity filled, respectively,
  • ambulance waits of up to five hours before patients can be transported to crowded hospitals have been reported
  • "We just had to order 5,000 additional body bags... that should be sobering," said Governor Gavin Newsome, warning the state is "in the middle of the most acute peak" of the disease.
Ugly news out of the US.

Don't let up folks.
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

So True...

#COVID19 positivity rate (8.9%) now on par with the likes of Florida and Washington St., creeping up on Quebec (10.9%) & almost double that of New York (5.5%). Time to get serious about protecting students & teachers in #bced
  • Vintage 1

Quebec schools, offices, non-essential businesses to close until Jan. 11 to help curb spread of 2nd wave

Germany has entered a hard lockdown closing schools and non-essential businesses in an attempt to stop a sharp rise in Covid-19 infections.

The measures will be in place until 10 January. Christmas will see a slight easing with one household allowed to host up to four close family members.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-covid-19-businesses-shutdown-christmas-1.5841720

•  
Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Vintage 1

A married couple who were both teachers in Texas died of COVID-19 complications while holding hands. 

Paul Blackwell, 61, and Rose Mary Blackwell, 65, died on Sunday at Harris Methodist Hospital, according to their family.

They had them holding hands and they were both gone in a couple of minutes,” he continued. “I’ve never seen anything like that before and it’s hard to even put into words seeing that.”

Both Paul and Rose Mary were longtime teachers within the Grand Prairie Independent School District and had been working up until they became sick in December. 

https://nypost.com/2020/12/15/married-texas-teachers-die-of-covid-19-while-holding-hands/

Edited by kingofsurrey

This was in the Slovenian paper a few days ago. This is a copy and paste so the translation may be off a bit.

Patients who have already recovered from covid-19 are returning
There are also more and more patients who have recovered from covid-19 and are returning to the emergency room for help. In recent weeks, this number has been growing and now, according to Možin , it already exceeds ten a day. " Most of them come from a bacterial pneumonia complication, followed by thrombotic complications, followed by a wide range of different patients who have chronic diseases that have been exacerbated by covid, such as diabetic patients. Some patients come from deterioration of kidney function and because their heart is further damaged during the course of the disease, as covid is known to damage the heart many times. We are afraid that they will burden us more in the coming months , "he described. Most of them are older patients, but there are also younger ones, around 50 years old.

" If you look at some studies from abroad, it turns out that as many as 15 percent of patients who have survived a severe form of covid have returned to the hospital within two months. he dies two months after the infection. This will be a heavy burden on healthcare in the future as well , "Možina added.

• Huggy Bear 1

I think we've been hearing for some time now that COVID-19 can have some lasting and varied side effects, even if you recover from the initial illness.

It's hard to predict who is going to have meaningful recovery and who is going to die.. Recently worked with a relatively young patient who was intubated and on a ventilator for a few weeks, this patient has since then recovered from COVID-19, has tested negative for it a few times, but now has $&!#ty lungs, pulmonary fibrosis, and might never come off the ventilator. Wonder if this will be counted as a covid death or not... Sure might not have covid now, but the cause of current situation is covid.

• Cheers 3

First current leader to die.  A number of current leaders got and survived, while a number of former world leaders have died.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-55297472

Ambrose Dlamini: Eswatini's PM dies after testing positive for Covid-19

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

So True...

#COVID19 positivity rate (8.9%) now on par with the likes of Florida and Washington St., creeping up on Quebec (10.9%) & almost double that of New York (5.5%). Time to get serious about protecting students & teachers in #bced

Surrey School Board telling Dr. Bonnie to wake up and smell the burning coffee.  Time to not be money/ economic driven and face the music, things need to shut down in the largest active organization remaining in BC.  

• Cheers 1