The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

Why are average BC citizens ahead of our BC government on limiting covid....... ??

1/3rd of kids with COVID are asymptomatic how can we increase safety in schools? Kids may not know they have it and may be spreading it. Sanitizer and hand washing don’t stop the spread of aerosols. A density reduction and masks may help. #bced #bcpoli

Well this is disturbing...

BC gov /  Min of Health  NOW  giving up.....   -  WOW.....

The B.C. Ministry of Health has told Postmedia News it is unable to provide a daily total school exposure number.

The ministry said that “providing granular data on a daily basis” for school exposures was beyond its capacity …”as we focus on reducing transmission, contact tracing and education.

According to the B.C. CDC’s weekly “situation report,” almost 10 per cent of people aged 15-19 tested positive for COVID-19 during the week Nov. 15-21 (this was the highest positivity rate of any age group in Week 47

https://theprovince.com/news/covid-19-b-c-ministry-of-health-unable-to-provide-total-daily-school-exposure-number/wcm/32d2d276-3b4c-471a-a14b-48c5e6963085

30 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Why are average BC citizens ahead of our BC government on limiting covid....... ??

1/3rd of kids with COVID are asymptomatic how can we increase safety in schools? Kids may not know they have it and may be spreading it. Sanitizer and hand washing don’t stop the spread of aerosols. A density reduction and masks may help. #bced #bcpoli

Because our politicians are playing politics, it’s pretty obvious.

That became pretty apparent in those recordings involving Albertas health minister.

Politicians listen to their health ministers until it’s no longer convenient to them.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

China apparently did a study, They chose 300 people from 3 million asymptomatic people they knew of, followed them & tested to see if they were spreading the virus. Apparently there was no spread from asymptomatic people. What are your thoughts?

My first  thought is that  u provided zero link to your post.....

My second thought is that you actually trust the China government....

Edited by kingofsurrey

5 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

China apparently did a study, They chose 300 people from 3 million asymptomatic people they knew of, followed them & tested to see if they were spreading the virus. Apparently there was no spread from asymptomatic people. What are your thoughts?

Reports from China and Russia have to be taken with a grain of salt. 

Maybe see what Australia/New Zealand and Taiwan has done? 

• Cheers 1

Horgan = Pinocchio. 

4.3% positivity rate for the first school to get all students and staff tested.

The testing of asymptomatic students and staff at a school in East York has resulted in 19 additional cases of COVID-19.

In a letter sent to parents on Sunday, the principal of Thorncliffe Park Public School said Toronto Public Health (TPH) notified the school of the cases after 433 tests were completed on Thursday and Friday.

While the letter stated 20 cases were discovered, Toronto District School Board (TDSB) spokesperson Ryan Bird said in an e-mail to CP24 Sunday evening that 18 students and one staff member tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.cp24.com/news/19-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-reported-at-thorncliffe-park-public-school-tdsb-1.5209710

Edited by kingofsurrey

8 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Horgan = Pinocchio. 

4.3% positivity rate for the first school to get all students and staff tested.

The testing of asymptomatic students and staff at a school in East York has resulted in 19 additional cases of COVID-19.

In a letter sent to parents on Sunday, the principal of Thorncliffe Park Public School said Toronto Public Health (TPH) notified the school of the cases after 433 tests were completed on Thursday and Friday.

While the letter stated 20 cases were discovered, Toronto District School Board (TDSB) spokesperson Ryan Bird said in an e-mail to CP24 Sunday evening that 18 students and one staff member tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.cp24.com/news/19-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-reported-at-thorncliffe-park-public-school-tdsb-1.5209710

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

But have you spoken concerns to your MLA? 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, speaking to your MLA. that's why politics are a sham. Once you vote you're out of the game and they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Still more effective than repeating the same thing over and over on here everyday. 

• Cheers 3

Two of my #Covid positive students (from the “multiple student infection in 1 class that crossed cohorts but isn’t an outbreak”) are back. They had to phone their sports’ coaches, teammates & friends themselves. That’s the “contact tracing” that’s going on in FH right now.
Edited by kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:
Two of my #Covid positive students (from the “multiple student infection in 1 class that crossed cohorts but isn’t an outbreak”) are back. They had to phone their sports’ coaches, teammates & friends themselves. That’s the “contact tracing” that’s going on in FH right now.

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

But have you spoken concerns to your MLA? 

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Still more effective than repeating the same thing over and over on here everyday. 

trump fake news GIF

What are you talking about? Dr B, Horgan, Tam, Trudeau and them all are scanning CDC -> Offtopic -> Coronavirus Outbreak on the hour to see KoS updates on how they are doing and how KoS can fix everything with the snap of a finger.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

We all know the contact tracing is WAY to hard to do.  Theres too much work for those people, I can't imagine them going through all the names and numbers and trying to get ahold of people, etc. Doesn't matter how many they hire, its an impossible job and even that Canada app I have about as much faith in which is little to none. Hell if they try and call me and don't leave a message I won't ever know if I was ever possibly affected, I don't pick up unknown numbers and I get like 3-4 a day (usually its the "CRA" coming to arrest me if I don't pay up my undo taxes or some crap like that, seriously those guys are such a pain in the ass, driving me up the god damn wall, especially when it shows its coming from local landline numbers)

Wifes friend's friend got infected with covid, so she isolated herself for 14 days once she found out just to be on the safe side since they had seen each other recently.  On day 11 of her staying home and not doing anything she got a phone call from FH saying she may have been exposed and needed to isolate from that phone call on.  They told her that her husband didn't need to isolate though eventhough she had to and they live together????

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

For someone who complains about how kos is "spamming" the thread, you're not really doing that much better by repeating your phrase over and over for each of kos' posts...

....at least kos is providing legitimate counter-points to the lovefest that Bonnie is getting, and pointing out holes in the logic that she and the government are touting.  Yours is just unadulterated spam.

I don't think DrB gets nearly the lovefest she once did last spring, I think more people are over her speals every day about being nice and kind to each other, yadda yadda yadda. I know I have zoned her our pretty good, went a couple weeks there with barely ever seeing case counts, locations, etc. I just throw on my mask, and do what I feel is needed to protect myself and my family and just keep living my life going to work, getting groceries, going to playgrounds, watching netflix, spending family time.  

We all have witnessed both the prov and feds bungle this whole thing up, I don't think anyone is giving any kudos points to anyone at this point.  Dr B and Horgan should have done masks long ago, it would have helped small buisnesses instead of just trying to print money to keep everything from collapsing.  Feds should have closed borders to international travelers outside of LEGIT business that NEEDED to be done. Theres been missteps from the whole country, hell the whole world, its a nasty balancing act the world is doing right now.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Russ said:

I don't think DrB gets nearly the lovefest she once did last spring, I think more people are over her speals every day about being nice and kind to each other, yadda yadda yadda. I know I have zoned her our pretty good, went a couple weeks there with barely ever seeing case counts, locations, etc. I just throw on my mask, and do what I feel is needed to protect myself and my family and just keep living my life going to work, getting groceries, going to playgrounds, watching netflix, spending family time.  

We all have witnessed both the prov and feds bungle this whole thing up, I don't think anyone is giving any kudos points to anyone at this point.  Dr B and Horgan should have done masks long ago, it would have helped small buisnesses instead of just trying to print money to keep everything from collapsing.  Feds should have closed borders to international travelers outside of LEGIT business that NEEDED to be done. Theres been missteps from the whole country, hell the whole world, its a nasty balancing act the world is doing right now.

It appears the feds put their hopes on a Chinese vaccine. They failed to fund domestic vaccine capability in Saskatoon and Quebec. Yesterday announcement suggests only 3 million Canadians will inoculated in Q1. The Liberals are good at pointing fingers at everyone other than themselves. The Americans will inoculate more people in one day than Canada will in 3 months.

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

It appears the feds put their hopes on a Chinese vaccine. They failed to fund domestic vaccine capability in Saskatoon and Quebec. Yesterday announcement suggests only 3 million Canadians will inoculated in Q1. The Liberals are good at pointing fingers at everyone other than themselves. The Americans will inoculate more people in one day than Canada will in 3 months.

Wonder...what happened to our ability to create and deliver in house vaccines.

Something about the mid 80s....

Maybe you can remind me what happened to our once vaunted Canadian pharmatec

• Vintage 1